GO!

Dog saves abandoned newborn

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 9:01am PST 
A dog curled up beside a newborn baby under a bridge, saving its life. The owners of the dog sent out a search party and found the sweet pup curled around the baby, keeping it warm. Story here (close any spaces):

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/dog-rescues-abandoned-newbor n.html

Please note: Never in a million years should anyone leave a baby unsupervised with a dog for even a few seconds. I would never advocate for that... I just thought it was interesting that this dog instinctively knew what to do for the poor child until help arrived.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '12 7:51am PST 
That story doesn't surprise me. Some dogs just have a high protective instinct. We had a very large German Shepherd once that could not be trusted around adults. Put him with a bunch of kids, and he became so protective of them that the parents couldn't get their kids until we went and got them for them. It was the strangest thing. He was the best babysitter.
[notify]