GO!

How much does your dog mean to you?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 5:13am PST 
Well i know most people dont share the bond I do with my dog (except for other dogsters). She means the world to me and i would do anything for her. She is my best friend (since i lost most of mine due to schooling and other differences). If anything happened to her i would be lost. I have been through so much in my life and if it wasnt for Kashmir i would of lost my mind So how much does your dog mean to you? little angel

Edited by author Thu Jun 7, '12 5:15am PST

[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 5:30am PST 
Jax was that exact thing for me. She was the that one dog you only see once or twice in a lifetime. It was like we were connected somehow. I knew what she wanted and she knew what I wanted with just one look. My husband joked and said, with her, I can "Speak Dog". I really feel bad that I don't have the same feeling or connection with my other 2 (Kali & Koby). I hadn't realized, until she was gone, that she was literally my shadow. She was always around me laying at my feet, mooching cheese or peanut butter, throwing a toy on my lap and many other things. She is greatly missed. It is just like losing a kid.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 5:43am PST 
I am very sorry for your loss Jax. hug Shes sounds just like Kashmir to me. I dont really have the same bond with her as i do my other dog Zoe. Zoe is very independent and cat like. She never wants to be petted or seeks affection very much like Kash does. May Jax rest in peace. little angel
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 6:28am PST 
Thank you Kashmir. I hope you have a very long life ahead of you. Sounds like you have an awesome home. smile
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 8:27am PST 
My relationship with Lucille sounds like yours with Kash (and Jax). She really is my best friend. When I came home one day last week she wasn't outside, watching for me, wagging her tail waiting to greet me. (DH gets home first and lets her outside) I got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, I just knew something was wrong.

Sure enough, she'd banged her leg badly enough not to want to get up (she's on the mend now, thankfully). She struggled to her feet when I came in the house, wagging even though I could tell it hurt...It hadn't really hit me until then that she's in that spot every day, keeping watch for me, just wanting to be the first to say Hi!. I can handle just about any $^*! the day throws at me thanks to her. She's a saving grace to me in this life. She's probably the only reason other humans can stand me BOL!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 8:32am PST 
Oh Lucille i can see why you were worried. I hope she is doing better now. I cant imagine what people think of me if i didnt have my dog. BOL shes the only thing that keeps me sane. big laugh
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 12:39pm PST 
I honestly wonder what non-dog people do with their time. Seems like a pretty boring existence. First thing I do in the morning when I get up is take the dogs out, and the last thing I do before bed is feed them, take them out, and take the next days’ food out of the freezer to thaw. Planning out the dogs’ menu is like an important daily ritual. laugh out loud I always plan my day with time for walks or training classes. I have no idea what I would do without their over-the-top wiggly greetings, even if I’ve only been gone for 5 minutes. Nobody else is ever that happy to see me. And there is nothing more therapeutic than throwing a tennis ball over and over. cloud 9
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 6:02pm PST 
Sabi is my soul. I cannot imagine a world without her. At 9 months old with no training, she saved my life. I know every day that I would not be here if not for her and it breaks my heart to know that I can't stop time. She has been my rock through all the crappy turns life has handed us. She has curled up beside me and kept me warm when I ended up homeless. She has faced threats and violence without ever flinching to keep me safe and she did it all with severe HD. I am looking now at a grey face that was once jet black and blurry eyes that still hold all the love one person could wish for. Right back at ya Sabs.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 7:57pm PST 
I lost the dog that was my heart and soul Mattie.Like Kashmir,Jax and Sabi,she was my shadow and my care taker. Always there waiting for me. Always there through bouts of depression,a serious car accident that kept me nearly bedridden for 6 months and even the calming force I needed when my husband had his double by-pass. It has been over 5 years since she crossed the bridge but I still miss her like it was yesterday most of the time. Mika helped me through the loss a little but is and always has been my hubby's girl. I will forever believe that Mattie sent Kai to heal me and keep me safe,and that she guides him to do what I need. We were on an 18 month waiting list for a puppy from his breeder yet when he was born,she called to tell me she had decided to change how she was going to do things and thought she had my pup.When we saw him,there was an instant bond. When we brought him home,he acted like he belonged here from the first night and knows exactly what I need from him when I need it. He is now my Shadow,understand,or at least seems to whatever I say to him and just as some of you have mentioned,just a look between us can say volumes. I was and will be forever blessed with having Mattie in my life and can never thank her enough for sending me Kai.hug
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 11:27pm PST 
JT is like a partner, I have only had him 2 years and I don't know what I did without him! I don't know if another dog like him will come along. He really is my best friend. I think most dogsters must have a relationship like this, I mean, we're all here talking about our dogs most days, right?

I feel sorry for pet owners who don't have that sort of connection. What a waste.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3