GO!

Kind of OT for anywhere, but need to VENT

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 5:51am PST 
way to go Excellent idea Libby!!! I too,have a rotten neighbor to deal with who lets a known biter,that has an issue with my dogs just run until it comes home on it's own and it lunges at my fence,digs under it and tries to start fights with my dogs. I am working at teaching my dogs to just ignore her and come in the house when she is loose because my dogs barking at her behavior at 1 a.m. is MY issue. The neighbor not letting the dog run loose all the time would be nice but I can't control that,so it IS MY RESPONSIBILITY to control how my dogs react.
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 8:20am PST 
That is a good idea Libby applause

I have a neighbor who thinks he owns the sidewalk and the street in front of his RENTed house. If anyone but him parks near "his" part of the street...he has a hissy fit. But I have never seen him "mark" his territory...yet. laugh out loud and I pay taxes too for community conveinences...like PUBLIC streets and sidewalks.

Some people.shrug

Plus, his kid is always playing in my front yard...on my porch...and I DO own my house.

Edited by author Fri Feb 10, '12 8:22am PST

[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 8:34am PST 
I had a nasty neighbor when Apollo was still alive. I would walk him and Zoe together when Apollo was a puppy. On the end of their leashes i have a poop bag holder with a full roll. Whenever i would walk buy he would stop be and say i needed to pick up after my dogs. I was shocked because i have a holder on the leash and always pick up after my dogs. I think he targeted me because i was young and most other people dont walk their dogs on my street. He was nasty until one day he started saying hi and acting all friendly. thinking Hes a wierd guy. big laugh
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 11:05am PST 
There was an old lady who lived in a house on the next block from us. Whenever I would walk Savannah past she would lean out the door and scream "Get that dog off my lawn."

She did have a nice lawn, but since we never went on it, I am guessing that she was off her rocker. Maybe your person is wacky too.

Since more recent experiences have proven to me that it is hard to tell when someone is not quite right...be cautious. And tell your daughter not to have any exchanges with this woman, but to let you handle it.

Good luck.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 3:11pm PST 
There is one lady on the next street who didn't want Bunny peeing on the telephone pole (that is on the sidewalk!) because it might seep into her gardenshrug

As to barking, I am with Sanka, if I had to call everyone who made Princesse bark by walking in front of and beside my house, I would never get off the phonebig laugh Especially since the walking trail is beside my houselaugh out loud
[notify]
Libby

Shake it baby!

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 7:15am PST 
Mika and Kai-OMG! That is horrible!
I'm afraid in your case your neighbor needs to take some serious responsiblility for the respect of their neighbors and for their dog's safety, too.
Maybe a courtesy call to them at 2:00 a.m. would help?!?thinking
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2