GO!

Allergic to your pet

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Hmmm

What? You said- something?

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 8:02pm PST 
Just a quick tip. Vacuum just before you go out the door. The initial hour or two after vacuuming is actually worse for your allergies because everything that didn't get sucked up got pushed up into the air and is floating around, tormenting your lungs. So it can actually be worse for your allergies to vacuum super frequently if not done right.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 12:35pm PST 
Luke, I am allergic to dogs, and I can't take anything for it. My old vet told me it wouldn't be so bad if I would keep my face off the dogslaugh out loudBasically I have had a really bad cold and been itchy for 20 years or so. I agree with vacum before you leave and regularly grooming. Sabi sleeps right next to my bed and I have to get up in the night regularly because of my breathing. There is a spray that they make to lessen dander on dogs and cats. It is basically a coat and skin conditioner. I refuse to give up having dogs so I just suffer.
[notify]
Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 4:00pm PST 
Thanks, everyone! I've been giving him a bath every 2 weeks and brushing him outside in the back yard. I've had a head cold the last week so it's a little hard to tell what is the cold and what part is allergy related. Definitely putting the air purifiers on my list. Vacuuming is usually hubby's job. For some odd reason, he enjoys this task and I'm all for sharing housework. laugh out loud
Luke has started sleeping downstairs at night. He used to follow me right up the stairs when he saw me locking up and turning off lights. But now, he jumps on the couch, and goes to sleep. Probably likes having that big couch to himself at night!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2