GO!

Adobe Photoshop - Which program is best for me?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3  
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 11:43pm PST 
Flicka, very cool!

My hubby's birthday card I ended up having to do the card in PrintMaster, export it, copy the 4 .jpg pages into a 2 page word document, use word to flip the cover picture upside down and print the document 2-sided to make the card.
[notify]
The 2012 - Amigos

All fur One and- One fur all!

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:18am PST 
I could never figure out Gimp or Photoshop shrug Spent the money on Photoshop and even with help I just don't get itfrown Need to take a class or something where I can actually see someone do it!
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 12:19am PST 
Downloaded the trial version of Elements 10. And can't get it to print greeting cards as cards. They print as 3 separate images.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 6:51am PST 
Chance.. check your printer is set up ....

My Adobe PS Elements 6 and 8

File //Print....

Make sure your orientation is correct for the card

Click the word PRINT on that menu... (my cards are quarter fold and are all set up on that ready to go from the psd)

The small Print menu that pops up is from your Printer.. click on and set Preferences...it isnt going to divine what you need.. you have to set it up.

Click FEATURES.... which are Paper type and Print quality.

Mine is set to Brochure and Flyer paper matte (Paper type) and Best(print quality).

Click OK.. then click Print.

It sounds to me as if you arent setting your printer up and its set to print on a different paper size.

Hope that may help
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 3:45pm PST 
I really like the PSE 10 trial version so far except for the greeting card printing.
Except for that, I've found it very easy to use and fun.
But I need something that can print half-fold cards with ease.

The only card paper size I see is 2.16 x 3.58 and it can only be loaded into the rear tray.

I've tried everything I can think of to easily print a 5 x 7 half-fold greeting card.
The only way I've come up with is to change the placement of each separate card page so they are correct, print the cover, put the page back in, print the left inside page, put the page back in and print the right inside page.

After trying for 2 hours today to print a basic half-fold card with PSE, I found and downloaded CraftArtist Compact which is an extremely basic free scrapbooking/crafting program.
After playing with it for 30 minutes, I had made and printed 3 half-fold cards.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 5:18pm PST 
Chance....

There has to be something you arent setting.

I print off 1/2 and 1/4 fold on a daily basis almost....

They are made on US sized paper.. and printed ( I mostly do 1/4 fold) onto Avery !/4 fold ( and when i do.. 1/2 fold) greetings cards.

Glad you have found something you can work with.. but Adobe also does it with ease when it.. and your printer are set up.

My printer is a pretty basic HP scanner /printer.. front load..

hughughughughug

Edited by author Sat Jan 14, '12 5:21pm PST

[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 2:35pm PST 
Flicka, we've tried every print setting, paper tray, paper size, paper type, etc. combo we have.
We even wrote down what we tried with what and the results we got.

But in playing with everything I've come up with a solution.
I do my creative work using PSE, save a copy as a .jpeg and paste the .jpegs into the appropriate card template in the free Craft Artist program.
If I want to add further embellishments using the CA program, I do that.
I put card stock in the printer, hit print and end up with my card.
[notify]
joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 5:14pm PST 
I have been using Photoshop CS for a number of years. It's pretty complicated. I once bought Photoshop Elements, but because it's a lot easier, and quite a bit different from CS, I rarely use it, even though it is supposedly easier to do certain essential things like correct red eye. Oh well, I guess I'm just used to one thing and having to hunt and peck around for doing what takes me a second in CS was just not working for me.

I would start out with one of the free programs. Personally, Picasa is really easy and user-friendly, and that is free, forever. You can do the basic stuff in there.

For cards, I use Microsoft Home Publishing, which I love, love, love - but it is from 2000 (gasp!) and a pain in the butt because it's hard to convert it into anything that's emailable unless the recipient has Home Publishing. I think it's now called simply Publishing (by MS) or something like that. I am planning to purchase it once I upgrade my pc a bit.

Just as a comment, red eye correction often doesn't work for pet eyes, as their eyes come out green or other weird colors rather than red. There are ways to get around this, but it's a bit too complicated to explain it here.

I think the suggestion to look for tutorials is a great one. YouTube has many...

Good luck
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 5:17pm PST 
Glad you have found a way Chance...

I truely wish I could have explained better.

But.. point is.. you have found a way... and that is what matters.

hug
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3