GO!

Anyone seen Lady Hoggers or American Hoggers?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 4:15pm PST 
I'm obsessed with these shows... I know about these hogs having lived in FL and TX and love to watch the curs/catahoulas and pits at work... way to go
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 5:26pm PST 
OO, yes, I watched it last night.

I will say the editing annoys me. Everything happens so fast you really don't get to see much, at least in the episodes I saw.

But what I found so cool was the dog that would ride on top of the truck and then jump off when she smelled a hog! That dog is awesome!

Naturally, I wish they'd portray the dogs more. Maybe the have, and I just haven't seen that episode. But given how important the dogs are, you think they'd go into more detail on it.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 6:00pm PST 
I tivo them and watched the one from last week, where they brought a new pit out for his first catch (Charlie). He failed the first go round, but caught a huge hog on the second! Those hogs are so mean... had one chase a friend right up her deer stand in TX. She shot it and we had sausage at the next cookout! hamster dancehamster dance

I've seen these dogs hunt, it's amazing. Catahoulas and curs are big in the hog areas. When they release the "catch" dog I would just sit in amazement! big hug

I agree - the editing takes so much away. To see it in person is really something!
[notify]

Tohbi - Deceased- 10/04/2013

Blue-Eyed Devil

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 12:13pm PST 
I watched part of one episode and it kind of freaked me out (what with my giant Catahoula laying on my legs at that time). They were using a pair of very gritty little catch dogs. I'd like to see a team of catahoulas work a hog - but I didn't really like the 'catching' so much. Those dogs looked like they were having a blast, though.
[notify]