GO!

Zoey need help picking out a winter coat!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Zoey

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 6:09pm PST 
I wasn't exactly sure where in dogster this thread should go hopefully this one is acceptable! Zoey is getting a winter coat soon to get ready for the freezing Minnesota winters.I know she's a big dog and does have fur but we go on 4-6 mile walks/runs everyday and she gets very cold. Anyways I don't know what one to choose for her. Her big brother Bruno is getting a green one and her oldest brother Taylor already has a red one but we can't decide between purple or burgundy. Can you help us? Or if you think she would look good in another color suggestions are welcome. Were getting their coats from Voyageur K9.

Burgundy Coat

Purple Coat
[notify]
"Gunner" Da- Big Boy- Angel

Da Big Boy- Rules, I AM the- Big Boy!

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 8:57pm PST 
oooohhh! Zoey, those are great coats, I think you need them both, ya know a girl can never have too many coats in the winter weatherdancing.
We have retrievers and we actually have coats for them as we get some freezing temps and we are out hiking like you are, they do get cold.
When Gunner was with us his coat really helped keep his arthritis under control on those cold days, he loved it.
We have coats from BC Pets, they are familiar to the ones you are looking at but the velcro is different and no velcro around the neck where the turtle neck is, it is all one piece there. Love them.
Waterproof outer shell and water repellant, toasty microfleese (sp) lining the coat.
Personally, I love purple and that would look "dog a licious" on Zoey.
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 10:54pm PST 
Thanks for the feedback Gunner! I have been so indecisive with picking out a color for her. I think purple is great too! It matches her collar perfectly. I wish we could afford to get her one of each color but being a custom coat they are about 100 dollars! Plus were getting her a tummy warmer and a rain coat. Along with getting her fur-sibling a winter coat, tummy warmer, and rain coat.

Which is going to be pretty pricey. But I think it's a good investment they last forever and we need them BADLY! I just have to say that you're dogs are so cute! I love golden retrievers. Do you think you could give me a link to the coats you have if there online? I'm curious to see what they look like. Hopefully I get some more feedback on here! I just love hearing everyone's opinions!
[notify]

Mitchell- Rapp "Black- Ops"

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 8:45am PST 
Hi Zoey, opps! they are RC Coats, we have the Zipline coats. Mitchell's coat is still way too big and we may have to order him another coat before winter sets in here. Goldens do not get their double, extremely thick coat until they are about 18 months to 2 yrs old and he is only 18 weeks tomorrow.
I am actually going to look into the brand that your pups have, I have never heard of them.
We also use boots on them that we have custom made from Alaska, they are actually used on the musher dogs and fit fantastic, they have tennis shoe material on the foot area which grip in the ice. Being that I have Nakita who has a bad back it is really important that she does not slip on the ice. She is a hard charger and loveeeeeeesss...the snow so we have to be careful.
Oh your pup is so beautiful.dog
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:12am PST 
the burgundy coat is adorable! go for it smile
[notify]
Miss- Scarlett

Pick me- up...please!

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 9:54am PST 
I love purple cloud 9 Everyone looks good in purple.way to go
[notify]