GO!

Walking Shoes...for me, not for the dogs!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 1:47pm PST 
Though they will benefit if I can find a nice pair of waterproof or water resistant slipons or velcro strap shoes for cooler weather.

We don't get real cold weather, but it does get wet and sloppy. Step ins or velcro strap would be best, since if I have to bend over to lace, I am overwhelmed by dogness. (Noses in ear, noses in eye, smudged eyeglasses, etc. etc.)

What do you walk in? I use crocs in the summer, but was hoping for something else...
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 11:28pm PST 
Can't go past a pair of Birnekstock Birki's (the rubber clogs). Just like crocs only good for winter! And oh so comfy (once broken in, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do you'll love them.)

I wore my leather ones for 6 years (2 repairs in that time) until JT pulled me over one day in the mud and that was their final hoorah. frown They were almost dead but that was the killer lol. I'm saving up for a new pair now.

The rubber ones cannot be repaired (like crocs) but they're very hardy, and the insoles can be taken out so you can hose them off. Great for gardening too!
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 6:20pm PST 
Hubby and I love our Merrill Jungle Mocs. They are slip-ons and they come in several different outer materials. LL Bean also makes a slip-on moc that is a bit cheaper but still good quality.
[notify]

Mitchell- Rapp "Black- Ops"

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 8:48pm PST 
We love our Merrill hiking boots and our Bog boots on those extremely down pour days (we live in the pacific northwest, can you say rain!!!) Muck boots are fantastic too, grear grip in the mucky muck. Cabelas catalog has some wonderful boots/shoes are good prices. Their Merrill prices are great.
[notify]
Chase, CGC

Beneth my goody- 2 shoes lies- dark socks

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 12:09pm PST 
Since we live up in the Pacific Northwest where from Fall to Spring we mostly get rain I wear Bogs Classic Mids the most since they come up high enough to keep out of the muck and still be able to tuck my pants into they are my stockdog and dog park shoes....plus I like the pretty patterns shh
[notify]