GO!

Dog Halloween Costumes

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 9:13am PST 
This profile pic is of Annie with her mohawk for Halloween. It was pink and pretty awesome. Just used some organic veg/fruit based comb-in color stuff.
[notify]
Bianca

Graceful as a- moose

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 10:49pm PST 
I used to make the dog costumes, but then I stumbled upon the fact that our local Target always has tons left over, at 70% off, the week after Halloween. That makes them $2-$4 each, it's hard to make them for that. So I just started buying them ahead. They don't fit quite as nice as the custom homemade ones, but they are pretty cute and save a lot of money and time.

Last year we did do homemade costumes, with a Wizard of Oz theme. Bianca was Glenda the Good Witch, Cody was the Cowardly Lion, and Zack was the Scarecrow. We also have a Dorothy costume and a flying monkey costume from the previous year (before we had Cody).

This year, Zack was a bull (with a bull rider on his back), Cody was a horse (carrying the headless horseman) and Bianca was a unicorn (carrying a princess).

Just bought some really cute ones for next year - a hot dog, a turtle, a sheriff, a punk rocker, and three Star Wars - Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and Yoda. All of those together cost less than $20. All three dogs can wear about the same size (Cody's sometimes needs a little altering, he's a bit bigger), so we'll figure out who's going to be what later. We have neighbor children who like to play dress up with the dogs (and the dogs seem to enjoy the attention), I prefer to have them use something made to fit a dog rather than something that restricts the dogs' movement or leaves them unable to go to the bathroom with it on. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3