GO!

Halloween Help. Needs lion mane

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

RIP Brute

Got food?

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 11:05am PST 
I really want to dress Brute up as a lion. He is the right color, size, and he even walks like a lion. All I needs is like a velcro mane and a little poof for the end of his tail. Can anyone help? I keep finding cowardly lion costumes and it doesn't look right to me. I'm not very crafy but if someone gave me step by step instructions I might be able to do it....help please

Brute's mom
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 11:26am PST 
Well, if you want it to look like real hair, you could hit the Salvation Army or Goodwill, some place like that, for a wig the right color, then cut it to fit him and be the right length. You can use whatever's left over for the tail tuft.

If you want him to be a cartoon lion, take about half a yard of polarfleece, fold it several times, then sew it down one side. cut the other side open, then cut a lot of slits, so it's like fringe. Do the same for the tail tuft.
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 12:22pm PST 
I'd suggest checking places like Target. I got a toddler lion costume there a couple of years ago, complete with mane. It fits Pooch but not perfectly...mainly because the hood (mane) part was big and fell down over his eyes. It was pretty inexpensive. You could probably buy one and cut off the mane and use just that part, it would probably fit.

Edited by author Wed Sep 26, '07 12:23pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 7:03am PST 
I saw a lion mane on Etsy that looks real checkout http://downunderdogdesigns.etsy.com
[notify]

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '12 1:26am PST 
Hello
Greetings to all members of this community.I am jainny from India.I am new member here..
nice to meet you all…….
Thanks
-------------------
dainik bhasker
[notify]