GO!

The White House Takes a Stand Against Breed Specific Legislation

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 3:40pm PST 
On Dec. 19 of last year, a petition was created on the White House's "We the People" section of its website, titled "Ban and outlaw Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) in the United States of America on a Federal level!" It has more than 30,000 signatures. It also just got the backing of President Obama .
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 4:19pm PST 
applausedancingapplause
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 7:47pm PST 
way to go
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 9:07pm PST 
snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

Dont hold your breath though that some nit picking other wont smash it down just because it HAS got White House backing....

But.. its a start....snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Aug 24, '13 3:16am PST 
It's a start. Although I think it's catching on. Our insurance company is against BSL.
[notify]
Titus

Puppy Fun!

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 1:33pm PST 
Hopefully there will be (sometime soon!) where everyone takes a stand against BSL. While I do have a pit bull (thats when i first REALLY learned about BSL) I have come to realize its not just pits, Its also against Dobies, rotties, GSDs, chow chows, huskies, mastiffs and ive even seen hounds on the lists! I'm glad the Obama administration is taking a stand against it, maybe more will follow! happy danceapplause
[notify]
Titus

Puppy Fun!

Hopefully there will be (sometime soon!) where everyone takes a stand against BSL. While I do have a pit bull (thats when i first REALLY learned about BSL) I have come to realize its not just pits, Its also against Dobies, rotties, GSDs, chow chows, huskies, mastiffs and ive even seen hounds on the lists! I'm glad the Obama administration is taking a stand against it, maybe more will follow! happy danceapplause
[notify]
Titus

Puppy Fun!

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 2:56pm PST 
bumping past spambots
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 2:02pm PST 
This is great news! It's about time America is taking a look at this issue. In Sweden Pit bulls were banned in the 90's until the government there realized it was indeed an owner problem and not a dog problem, and in France they don't ban any breed but have muzzle and leash laws which is a much better option. If anyone is interested we wrote an article about legislation in the US and other countries on our blog: http://www.puppyset.com/top-10-dog-friendly-countries/
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2