GO!

POTP needed for Amanda Bines' pomeranian, disgusting...

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
DandiLion

:D

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 2:34am PST 
My response was directed toward the OP, not anyone else in the thread. I apologize for not making that clearer.
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 11:40am PST 
I feel really sorry for her. I severely hope she gets the help she needs and learns how to manage her mental health better so this sort of incident does not happen again.

Edited by author Fri Aug 2, '13 11:41am PST

[notify]
Titan

Goofyball of- love.

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:37am PST 
The news articles they linked to said she has or is suspected to have Schizophrenia. She did not deliberately douse her dog with gasoline, it was accidental, but her actions from that night prove that she isn't capable of caring for her dog, or herself for that matter. Fortunately her parents were able to have her committed to a psychiatric hospital and she will receive the care she needs. - Natasha

Not ALL PEOPLE that are mentally ill are like this. Some are but 9 times out of 10 those are the ones who don't take meds, don't get help or have access to it at all. I should know as I have bipolar type 1 and yet I'm PERFECTLY FINE. And a capable dog own why? BECAUSE I DO WHAT IS NECESSARY TO CARE FOR MYSELF,MY CHILD, AND MY PUP. Those of you who are saying she shouldn't have the dog back because she is mentally ill probably dun know that over HALF of the U.S has a mental illness of one stripe or another. I've had to put up with this attitude of "ALL mentally ill people can't take care of themselves" "Mentally ill people are a danger to others" you don't know half of the country. Yes a few do HORRIBLE things but not all of do not all of us are drug addicts who refuse help so please educate yourself before making such a biased, discriminatory statement and in fact I can bet you money there is more than ONE dogster that has a mental illness and takes care of there dog just fine. (RANT OVER)

NOW back on topic. If she did this on purpose I say she should go to jail as Animal cruelty is disgusting. If not and her parents refuse to give the dog back I say she should sue. (my opinon.)

Edited by author Thu Sep 12, '13 3:32pm PST

Approved by forums moderator

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 8:53am PST 
Titan- If you read the posts,most of us including myself said she should get the dog back if/when she is stable enough to care for herself and the dog if she is mentally ill. As I said in my original post or one of them,she has a tough road ahead but as long as she does take her meds,complies with her doctors, and takes care of herself properly,she should be able to live a normal life. I suffer from severe depression and raised a family with pets and have grandchildren I take care of and two dogs as well. I also take my meds,comply with my doctors and have done just fine.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 9:45am PST 
Ok, that's not what I meant at all. shrug

I was NOT saying all people with mental illnesses are unstable or shouldn't be allowed to have animals. I said her *actions* from that night proved she wasn't capable of taking care of herself or her dog. I did NOT say her *Schizophrenia* proved....

Sure, there was something I said that I could have worded better (in another part of my post you didn't quote, which is the part you should've quoted and really could have pointed out to me in a nicer tone). I'll quote it myself: "People with mental illnesses do not think rationally, they don't think about what they're doing and how it might harm themselves and those around them." I should have clarified or worded that better, but again, just to let you know, I truly don't think all people with mental illnesses are unstable or incapable of taking care of themselves or others. And I'm sorry for a poorly worded sentence that caused confusion and hurt your feelings. flowers

(my turn to rant)
Titan - If your goal is to educate me on the correct ways to speak of a mental illness, or to counter stigmas or stereotypes of mental illnesses, it's best to be nice/polite. I seriously don't like being "shouted" at or talked down to, or anything like your post was, which, in my eyes, was rude and condescending. When I read things worded like that directed at me, it just makes me not want to listen to what that person has to say, no matter what the subject. Your post made me angry and I want to "shout" right back at you, but I'm doing my best not to. I don't mind if people point out to me if I say something wrong or I give wrong facts, as long as it's polite and not angry bashing. You can educate, or you can irritate. Which do you think works best in the long run?

wishes

Edited by author Wed Sep 11, '13 9:46am PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 11:17am PST 
"Ok I know this is off topic a bit but I do disagree with this statement. I'm sorry hun but not ALL PEOPLE that are mentally ill are like this."
Titan, I reread Tasha's post over and over and no where do I see where she said ALL people that are mentally ill are like this!!! She merely pointed out that UNTIL this person becomes responsible for herself, she is in no position to care for her dog. She went on to note that fortunately, in this case, Ms Bines was getting the help she needs.
Where that can be interpreted as an affront to anyone with a mental illness is way, way beyond me!!!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 11:39am PST 
Natasha- I honestly completely missed the part of your post that Titan quoted, I was just responding to the rant in general and pointing out that aside from Yoshi's misguided first post the rest of us said that if/when she is able to become stable and care for herself and her dog she should get the dog back. I as stated in my post suffer from severe depression and found nothing in your post to be offensive to me or others who are mentally ill. To me in your post and as Toto pointed out some people with mental illness that is undiagnosed or untreated can be irrational ,unaware of their actions,and unaware of the harm they may be doing to themselves or others. That to me is not offensive,it is a known fact. I am fortunate that my depression never caused me to lose touch with reality but know people who have had acute psychotic breaks due to depression or bipolar illness who have. They are not bad people who can't be trusted to care for themselves,their children or pets,they were just very ill for a time and needed help until their illness stabilized. From my view point that was all you were pointing out in fact in Ms. Bines defense of her actions. I sincerely hope that I in no way upset you or offended you with my post.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 5:15pm PST 
Thanks, Toto hug

Mika & Kai, I wasn't upset or offended at your post, I agree with what you said. I was responding to Titan's post, but I can see now that I had mentioned Titan's name at the bottom but not earlier in my post, so it looks like I was responding to both of you at the beginning. It was late when I posted last night, I was tired as well as upset, so I wasn't as clear as I should've been. Probably should've waited until morning before posting! wink I was going to mention that I agreed with you(and the other dogsters who said similar things), but I forgot.
hug
[notify]
Harmony

Happy and HYPER!

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 11:44am PST 
I grew up watching "Amanda Please" so this is fairly sad to hear. I feel sorry for her and that poor little dog, I can only imagine how much it hurt its nose to have that gas on it.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:48am PST 
If anyone had been following her Twitter account, the signs were obvious that she was having mental problems. Too bad it took this incident for people in her life to notice.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4