GO!

Owner on FB says donate or put dog to sleep due to potty training.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 2:04pm PST 
https://www.facebook.com/SaveKiwi

This is just sick and people are actually giving this person money! Gross. This person needs be reported.

Don't know how to potty train your dog then research can't afford a trainer then you can't afford a dog..

Sorry do some research Kiwi's breed is known for not being easiest to potty train. I could be wrong on that no offense to those small dog owners..

Still give me money or dog goes to vet to be euthanized just for peeing/pooing in house? really.

"Kiwi is the first dog I've ever owned. I've been a big cat lover in the past and thought that dogs would generally train themselves as to where to use the bathroom, just like cats do. I found the answer to that is a big fat NO!

Kiwi just doesn't seem to understand not to go in the house! Usually when I come home from work there's a nice "present" waiting for me. Between work and going out with my friends for cocktails I don't have the time to watch her all day and correct her behavior. Besides, Kiwi is sooo cute I could never yell at her anyway!

I can't afford a trainer myself so please help! If I can't get a dog trainer and fix this behavior then I'm going to take Kiwi to the vet and have her put down. She's a great puppy otherwise, she doesn't deserve to die so please help with whatever you can."

I mean is there anything that can be done? This person doesn't deserve a dog if the owner doesn't take time to do training.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 3:44pm PST 
So weird reading that, cause my cat's name is Kiwi!

I dont know what putting the dog down would do, cause that will cost her roughly the same as hiring a trainer. She needs to rehome the dog if she doesn't have time for it, since it seems she wants a dog with cat-like qualities.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 5:01pm PST 
Mostly likely, there is no dog, and it's just a scam. I've reported the page.
[notify]

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 6:23pm PST 
What's this I don't even

There's a thing called "dumping your unwanted pet at a shelter" that the owner could do. Prior to buying Louie, we wanted to adopt a designer mix from the SPCA who was put in there for that very reason. Poor thing was a puppy mill dog (owner bought her from a pet store) and probably had no understanding of hygiene in the first place.

That person is manipulative pure and simple. Sounds kind of sick, but I tend to hope the dog ends up getting taken to the vet for euthanasia just so that bonehead watches their ploy backfire right in their face. At least Kiwi has a chance of being smuggled away from the table by a caring staff who will find a new owner who is actually fit for a dog.

Someone who is willing to use the threat of ending an innocent dog's life to manipulate people into giving money/attention/whatever frivolities should be prevented from having children or dogs. This is scary.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 7:11pm PST 
I wonder if Kiwi actually even exists. If s/he does, s/he needs a new home. If you have the time and money to "go out and have cocktails" with friends after work, then you should have the time/money to train your dog unless you just don't want to be bothered. Thank-you to whoever reported this person. This sounds like nothing less than extortion. " Give me money, or I'll kill my dog." Really? If this person actually has a dog, they don't deserve it, and either way they are at the very least committing fraud by making up a story to collect money and sympathy. This slime ball is no better than someone who says they have some illness and need money for treatment then spends the money on shopping sprees. I'm sure the same laws would likely apply.shockshrugnaughtynaughtynaughtynaughtynaughtynaughty
[notify]
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 7:53pm PST 
Sounds like a scam to me. There probably isn't a dog at all. I do not know how anyone could think that a dog/puppy would automatically go in a litter box like a cat. They could have thought a better story than this one to suck money off of people.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 11:05pm PST 
It's either a scam or someone posting it just to get attention (or both)... I reported it, but I am half convinced that reporting feature is fake...
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 3:42am PST 
No, the reporting feature is not fake. Pages have been taken down when they get enough reports.

I seriously doubt that there is a dog, any more than there are really any Yorkie puppies with a missionary in Africa who need desperately to be adopted by someone in a healthier climate.
[notify]

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 4:17pm PST 
I dunno, I report spam on fb all the time and nothing happens...
[notify]

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 7:28pm PST 
The page is still up, and apparently "she" heard from facebook that everything is okay, and she won't get her account shut down... It looks like the page has been reported over and over and yet nothing has been done. I think this is all made up, just a scam, but I wish fb would get their act together and take it down.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2