GO!

Stop Dog-meat festival in China!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 6:03pm PST 
On June 21, 2013, in China, people are slaughtering close to 10,000 dogs for their meat. If "Man's best friend" is even killed, how are we better than Criminals? How are we to look at our beloved pet dog again knowing that people out there might be killing his/her's parents, brothers, or cousins for their meat? We might not be able to help in China, but we can prevent the dog-meat trade elsewhere.
-Gracedog
Help the dogs, please do what you can
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 6:10pm PST 
can we say ethnocentric? shrug
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 9:32pm PST 
Sigh. Not this again. *facepalm*
[notify]

Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 10:26pm PST 
I suppose we should also stop all slaughter of pigs in the USA? They're just as intelligent, trainable, social, and emotional as dogs are. No more BBQ competitions, no more bacon festivals.
We don't generally eat super cute animals in our culture. Many people won't eat rabbit meat, because they're too cute. And that's totally fine. Not all cultures make that distinction.
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 3:32am PST 
If you are on FB - there are many Horrific abuse and cruelty 'festivals' that are continuing, even in this day and age - it is Barbaric.

I have used my page on FB to try and share these terrible things with others - with no knowledge of what goes on, no-one can help or share the plight of animals, who have no voice.

The fur trade in China is unbelievable cruel. Exort Farming Meat - the animals are tortured and stuck with knives in their eyes and cut - just for "fun" the videos are truly hard to watch. Many groups are working to stop this cruelty from the sadists working at these export farms.

If we use our personal media pages to bring Awareness, maybe some of these cruel and barbaric things will be investigated. Many influential people with contacts to Help are on Dogster, on FB - they are there, we pray that they will help these animals who cannot do a thing for themselves.
[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 10:28pm PST 
Sorry I'm not about to tell someone what they can or can not eat.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 8:37am PST 
I think it's less about the consumption itself and more about how these animals are acquired, and how they are housed and how they are treated before and during slaughter. Often dogs for the meat trade are kept in unbelievably cruel conditions and slaughter time isn't much better. I think most of us would be against that, regardless of our opinions on consuming dog meat.

Edited by author Tue Jun 25, '13 8:38am PST

[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:56pm PST 
I agree about arguing with what people eat. If an animal is raised to be eaten, it is meant to be eaten. Some people are best friends with horses and love them to death, I certainly do, but some people eat them. I never would but hey... why are dogs so different? A lot of people keep pigs and we eat them...

I personally eat meat though I don't touch animals that are super 'smart'. I have moral problems with it. I don't eat pigs, wouldn't eat a horse, wouldn't eat a dolphin, etc. Definitely not dogs because that'd freak me out, but to them they are livestock and others certain animals are livestock.

Now, if they were stealing pet dogs and eating them, that's another story.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 2:21pm PST 
Kolbe & Baby, now that I can completely agree on! If they would focus on campaigning for more humane practices, I would be totally for it. That would go for anywhere though...not just China, and not just dogs. I don't like it when people doing these 'stop eating dog-meat' campaigns make Chinese out to be barbarians who eat people's 'furry children'.wink
[notify]
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 10:33pm PST 
Perhaps I'm narrow minded by my culture... Ugh, but I can't see how anyone could reguard dogs as livestock in other countries... shrug

I guess there is truth, to each his own... But things like this make me glad that my dog is my pet, not my sandwich (very weak joke) and that I live in place where we don't eat our dogs. Not trying to be offensive of course.. It's just sad to me. But I guess killing rabbits and eating them is sad to other people, whereas I like rabbit meat.

Ohboy. Bol..
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2