GO!

Aggressive dog coming into yard!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:51pm PST 
Koda is the rottie/pit/mix of my parents neighbor. He's very friendly with the neighbors and their other dogs! He kisses and plays, he's a good dog.

However!~Koda has slowly expanded *his* territory into my parents yard! It started a few years ago with him jumping the fence and peeing on a tree. Then it turned into him jumping the fence and barking at my parents and guests.

Now he's jumping the fence and snarling with teeth bared! He's even started to lunge and snap!

The neighbors are keeping him indoors when their not out in the yard but we'd all like to see this resolved with him having room to run.

I have no idea why my parents let it get to this point before they've tried anything but *shrug*
So far, they've had the neighbors bring Koda over and give him pettings and treats-to make peace...

Ironically, this has only made the aggressive trips more intense and more frequent.
The worst bit is, my mother works from home....

So, any tips? My boyfriend says to get pepper spray and when Koda gets aggressive....
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:12pm PST 
Is there anyway to make the fence higher? Or put coyote rollers on the top(unless he's actually clearing the fence and not scaling it). thinking

As for the neighbors, they should only be taking him outside on a leash. If he can jump your side of the fence, what's to stop him from jumping the other side and ending up in the street and getting hit by a car, or shot if he goes after someone who has a gun? Anything can happen and they need to be proactive with their dog or there is going to be a tragedy. confused
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:01pm PST 
*update* Koda is an unaltered male in an all male, three dog pack. Their all unaltered and once a year, Koda is used as a stud
[notify]

Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:21pm PST 
...they're breeding an aggressive, mixed breed dog? confused naughty shrug
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:41pm PST 
Apparently so.
*sighs*
I'm disliking this more and more.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:26pm PST 
Koda came in my yard and I'd fix him myself {sound of evil kitty laughter}
But seriously, an intact, mixed bully making a bully of himself...not cool. Is there an animal control officer you might anonymously have a word with? Being able to put up a higher solid fence might be an answer, but that can be $$$$ and really, your neighbors are being irresponsible with that boy...
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:22pm PST 
just a note to the OP. Try to only post in one forum. It is easier to keep track if it is only in one place, and is part of Dogster's community rules. I answered this in your post in B&T smile
[notify]