GO!

Feeding the Strays

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:07am PST 
Two thoughts,

Are there any cat rescues in your area? We have one in the city not far from me that just deals with the feral. Trap/neuter/release kind of thing. That way they could come in, set up a proper feeding station, prevent the cats from breeding and find homes for any that are tame.

Or you said the cats aren't using the shelter they said up. You could act all innocent and said you're worried about the cats and maybe if they put all the food INSIDE the shelter the cats would realize it was for them.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 11:40am PST 
I found this here: http://www.oasisanimalrescue.ca/report-a-stray/

I realize they say that the name and info will be kept confidential, but I can't help but feel it will be traced back to me. I'm also wondering that even if the cats are rehomed, if the leaving of food will stop.

I think I will try to email them anyways about it. Even if they can't take the cats (as they do have shelter I'm not sure how that would work), maybe they've got some more insight on our local laws shrug
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 12:33pm PST 
I'm sure there's someone living there that's allergic to cats or hates cats or is generally grumpy enough to cast enough doubt that it wasn't you.
[notify]

Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 2:38pm PST 
I hope so.
We live in a small building, 12 units or so I think. And he said in 9 years there's only been something like 10 move in/move outs.

We aren't the newest tenants anymore though so that's a bonus. Plus they've seen me sit around in the hall with the one cat...so I wouldn't be the cat hater wink laugh out loud

I emailed that link above, just waiting to hear back.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 3:35pm PST 
Alright, so in the past few months we've learned some things.
The landlord and his wife are not the culprits of the nasty piles of food laying about.
But they capture the stray cats. Each one they catch is taken to the vet and spayed/neutered. They are released back outside - but our shelters here would euth the cats on the spot if they showed up, as we are so overrun in this area.
So that clears one thing up for me. And makes me like the landlords a little better smile

Now for the woman throwing the food.
Our landlord's wife informed my SO that it's a woman on the third floor who is simply too lazy to walk to the garbage chute.
We have posted several notes on her floor(with permission from the wife) asking her to stop and explaining how sick Rigby got.
Well today after finding tomatoes in the lot, I posted another letter this time just in the lobby so that everyone will see it.

She was heard laughing about how she's not going to stop. Because she can do whatever she wants.
shrug

Now that I know where she lives, and my SO has seen her and can identify her, I've gone to the property management of the other building with an address.
I am also going to my landlord tomorrow, and contacting bylaw.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 8:22pm PST 
She's not feeding strays, she's littering, there should be a law that mentions that specifically. I hope you're able to get her to stop, she could be poisoning or causing wildlife to get sick as well as domesticated animals. confused
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 12:34am PST 
Yuck. Sorry you have to deal with that nasty situation. How unclean.

Hopefully you'll get it stopped. Do keep us posted.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 4:15am PST 
Hopefully today my SO will be talking to our landlord whilst I'm in class.
I sent an email to the neighbouring property management (owners of the parking lot next door).
I've also sent one to both city by-law, and the police.
Still waiting for a response back obviously (as I only sent them late last night).

It's extremely difficult to not threateningly confront her, or throw things onto her balcony, or shove stuff in her mail box silencedsilencedsilenced
But I am going to let the proper authorities handle this one...I'm going to let the proper authorities handle it.....I'm going to let the proper authorities handle it........laugh out loud
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:24am PST 
Stay strong!!
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:40am PST 
Is there a mouse or rat issue from all the food thrown outside?
I'd tell the property owners/managers of such a threat if it continues. Sounds like a perfect environment to attract rats.

I CANNOT stand attitudes, such as your neighbors. Oh my god I'd fly off the handle at that selfish attitude. People who are so incredibly self absorbed like that are the things that set me off.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3