GO!

Licensing for selling dogs

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 9:05am PST 
From what I can tell, there either are none in Alabama, else they are so lax that no one even bothers to print them.

I might just have to PM you Toto...
[notify]
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 12:15pm PST 
Your state Dept of Agriculture, as someone mentioned, could be a good place to start, as usually they're in charge of animal trade issues, be it livestock or pets.

There can be local zoning ordinances that apply. I know for example, in the south Louisiana town where I used to live, there was some controversy about a Tractor Supply type place that was selling baby chicks and baby bunnies for Easter. But, it turned out they weren't in violation of any zoning ordinances because the store was outside the City limits.
Stella

I'm from Broken- Bow, we don't- play that!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 3:42pm PST 
Have you tried contacting animal control? They might be able to tell you something.
[notify]

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 6:21pm PST 
Contacted the state vet, and apparently there are NO license requirements for selling dogs in the state of Alabama.

There are only county/city ordinances, which I'm going to have to look into next.

Can't say I'm surprised confused
[notify]
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 7:58pm PST 
Oh, Mulder, I'm not surprised either. There's very little regulation on either the breeding or selling of dogs, anywhere - and what there is, doesn't get enforced. shrug

I'm sorry about whatever icky situation you came across, though.
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2