GO!

TIENG A DOG UP!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

duke

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 7:34pm PST 
I HAVE QUESTION IS IT AGAINST INDIANA LAW TO TIE A DOG TO A TREE FOR A FEW MINS SUCHAS 20 MINS TO CLEAN THE LIVING QUARTERS ON THE INSIDE OF UR HOUSE? WE HAVE LEFT THE DOGS OUTSIDE BEFORE LONGER TO LET THEM GET AIR WITH FOOD AND WATER I NEVER FOUND THIS TO BE WRONG AS I DONT HAVE A FENCE AND OTHER NIEGHBORS HAVE DONE IT BUT TONITE A COP TOLD US WE WERE WARNED BECAUSE IT WAS CRUEL TO AN ANIMAL TO TIE A DOG TO A TREE I FIND THIS SO WRONG IN MY CASE IF IT WAS ALL DAY IN THE HEAT OR COLD WITHOUT FOOD N WATER I MITE SEE THE PURPOSE OF HIS REMARK WHAT DO U THINK?BY THE WAY MY DOGS A PIT AND NONAGGRESSIVE!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:17pm PST 
If you are simply tethering your dogs for a short time while cleaning, there shouldn't be a problem unless it is how your dogs are tied up.
It seems for Indiana the laws vary between counties, I don't know where you live, but this site has a list of the counties and will lead you to the municipal laws:
(take out any spaces that may occur)

http://www.municode.com/library/IN
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 6:36am PST 
I think you should stop shouting and using all caps,it is hard to read and rude. I don't think dogs should be tied to trees or left outside on "runners" without supervision.

How about getting a fence? or putting the dogs in a different room while you are cleaning?

It sound like you have decent dog protection laws and your neighbors are watching out for the neighborhood dogs,that is a good thing.
[notify]

Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 10:22am PST 
Where are exactly located? If you are in Fort Wayne, dogs can only be tethered for fifteen minutes. If they bark for fifteen minutes you must bring them in. I do believe you are not allowed to tether dogs late at night.
[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 6:09pm PST 
I understand perfectly how annoying it gets when your trying to clean the house and all the animals have to follow you around the house getting in the way at times or walking across your freshly mopped floors. I can't put my dog in another room because he learned how to turn the door knob to open the doors with his mouth. Hehehe. Find out if you could use a stake tie out or ones you can screw into two trees for a runner or maybe try crating him. Only thing I can think of is that they might be worried that the dog is going to tangle its leash around the tree and get stuck so might be a safety issue.
[notify]