GO!

Finding Rudy

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Rudy

Don't let- anything come- between you

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 3:02pm PST 
Found this undercover/expose video on youtube about a so called 'rescue' in British Columbia.

This group sounds exactly like the one I'm currently dealing with.

Cold Noses, Warm Beds- The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFf0_fFkU5s

I'm finding out more and more there's dozens if not hundreds of places just like this not just in the U.S. but also in Canada. In the Ireland there's a trend going on there called dog/puppy trafficking and dogs in England are also being stolen.

It's an epedemic!

eek
[notify]
Murphy

Why run when you- can hop??!!

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 3:48pm PST 
Wow I am so sorry this happened to you. Have you thought about contacting a local news station? Maybe one with a special segment (a station here has one called "problem solvers") for things like this? The media attention could be the boost you need.

Also I want to say that at a shelter I used to volunteer with used to sometimes board animals when their owners really need it. They did ask the owners to pay but it was a much lower price than a regular boarding facility.

And I do agree with everyone about the waiting period. I know getting in with a lawyer can take some time but within in 10months I am sure you could have found something else. But OP I will say it is sketchy the shelter will not let you see the paper work. If It was possibly a misunderstanding and the paperwork really did say something about the dog being allowed to be put up for adoption why don't the just show it you? It does sound like they are hiding something.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 12:26am PST 
I had thought to go to the news station but I plan to go over things with the lawyer first. Just to clear things up I did try to find a lawyer earlier this year and when I did find one, I had to wait until there was an opening.

The only reason I can think that I've had such a hard time getting a copy of this paperwork is because a signature was forged. Pretty much anyone I've talked to about this said I should have received a copy but I never got it no matter how many times I asked.

One of the news stations in my area does a segment where viewers can submit an email regarding a business or some other issue and the station will send someone out to investigate.

I remember one report just a few weeks ago where a puppy was stolen in California. His owners took their story to the local news station and within a week somebody found the dog in a parking lot and now he's back home. ABC news picked up the story.

Another thing I'm noticing is a lot of dogs in my area are coming up missing or stolen. That and there's recently been a lot of pet theft going on all over the U.S.
[notify]

Rudy

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 12:08pm PST 
Still trying to get through this, it's hard...

On a lighter note, a copy of Rudy's registration paperwork came in the mail recently.

Glad to have that!

big grin
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 1:23pm PST 
Your right about the pet theft. It's up about 40% this year. I would got to the news station anyway.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 9:55pm PST 
I will, thanks. I heard about the increase in dog theft too.

It's not house pets that are being stolen, I've heard of service dogs being taken too.

Dog theft has even gone beyond stealing from backyards, cars and outside of local businesses, some people have even turned their attention to parks and pet stores even taking puppies from a breeder's home.

I heard about one case where a person adopted a dog from the humane society in Utah and a couple of days later the staff got a call from someone that had seen the same dog online being listed for sale! they had one of the employees go out and bring the dog back.

It's pretty crazy.

I actually read about this guy whose situation reminded me of my own.

Here's the first part of the article

Whose Doggie is it? Rightful Ownership of dog hotly disputed.
http://www.thedogfiles.com/2012/08/01/whose-doggie-rightf ul-ownership-dog-hotly-disputed/

Here's part 2

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/10/dog_theft_ trial_delayed_as_cor.html

There was a court trial last wednesday and the owner did win custody of his dog and the woman who found him is now behind bars.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 6:54pm PST 
Slowly getting through it. 1 week and 2 days to follow up appointment.

On a happier note, I'll be visiting a friend tomorrow who has been very supportive of my case.

I had a flashback moment earlier this week when I saw two brother and sister beagle puppies in a pet store.

They both gave me that sad eyed "Please don't leave." look, pretty much identical to same one Rudy gave me one of the last times I saw her.

I had seen them before and held the girl pup once.

I honestly hope the next time I hold a beagle it'll be Rudy.

Gah, I miss her!

cry
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 8:39am PST 
hug
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 10:19am PST 
Thanks.big grin

It's been pretty hard.

I've lost sleep, cried till my eyes turned red and had pretty graphic nightmare almost a month ago.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 11:14am PST 
3 more days till follow up appointment.

Learned about a underground sport in Russia called dog hunting and it is horrible! the people who participate dip food and such in poison and then post photos of their 'trophies' on discussion forums.

Although they calm they're mainly going after strays, over 70 pet dogs were poisoned at a dog park.

The court hasn't charged the people responsible yet but several dog owners are upset.

I've heard of farmers poisoning lions in Africa but I've never heard of this happeneing to dogs.

First pet theft, now this.

Speaking of which it turns out people who steal dogs and resell them will do so if there's a demand for a certain breed.

Most of the dogs I'm noticing that are coming up stolen in my area have been toy breeds like yorkies and medium and large dogs like pitbulls, shepherds and huskies.

I spoke with a girl who works at a pet store which is next door to a grocery store. When I went in and I saw a 2 month old beagle puppy, I found out the dog had just got there earlier that day and she was already sold. Turns out beagles don't stay in the store for long, making me believe they're in high demand and they're also a popular breed in the U.S.

But as for short supply, the SPCA which isn't too far from me has only had 5 beagles walk through their door in the past 3 three years and there are little or no beagle breeders in Nevada.

In the SPCA's lost and found section alone, I've seen about 20 flyers for stolen/missing dogs!

eek
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7