GO!

Is there anything that can be done?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Recon

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 7:28am PST 
My dog buddy, Stella, was stolen off her owner's property after he passed away.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but nobody seems to care about this at all. If it was an item stolen, of course the troopers would be willing to help! But the fact that she's a dog, nobody cares.

I'm at a loss. And for anyone who's curious, her whole story is here...
http://bringstellahome.weebly.com/

The guy who has her leaves for Florida on October 4th. Which means we may have a large chance of having to wait until Spring. cry

This is just nuts.

-Recon
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 9:47am PST 
Is there any chance you could jailbreak her? Since the authorities don't seem to care, maybe you could steal her back.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 9:54am PST 
It doesn't say whether they have filed criminal charges... Have they?
[notify]

Recon

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 11:05am PST 
When the nephew had gone to the troopers, they said there's nothing that they can do. Even though he did tell them that he was trespassing and stealing.

And he did go and fill out court papers, but they take twenty-one days to process, and by then it'll be too late and we'll have to wait until Spring.

He is calling an attorney to see if anything can be done sooner. But until then, everybody is looking at spring.

The man recently put up a gate in front of his house, from the last time a few relatives went up there to get her back. Unless he's ever not home and she's outside, then there's not much we can do there either. He won't leave her alone now that he knows the whole family is trying.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 11:54am PST 
Its not right, but has anyone considered bribery? It might be worth the payoff.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 5:36pm PST 
I'm gonna go read the story in a minute, but this just seems very strange. It seems like the dog stealer knows them, so how come he just went and stole her in the first place? confused
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 5:50pm PST 
I'm not sure I understand why the police won't investigate a theft... shrug
[notify]
Recon

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 7:08pm PST 
I don't get it either. With the whole family upset about it, you'd think something would be done. I did email the mayor about it, and no response yet. Just like the local SPCA, no response.

I mean, I have no problem getting this guy in the spring, and I'll have no problems going full-force. But I'm worried either something will happen to her or that he'll end up staying down there.

I just wish the police would treat this like every other theft.

-Recon
[notify]
Kimiko

Barkster

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '12 7:26am PST 
They SHOULD be treating it like any theft. Animals are counted as property under the law, so the pup should be retrieved under the law. This guy stole her.

I've seen cases like this get settled very quickly when they hit media attention. Any chance a local news group would be willing to publish a story on this? The loss of a loved one and the theft of the family dog. I've read stories like that and magically action was finally taken after public pressure.
[notify]
Recon

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '12 1:42pm PST 
^That's what I'm aiming for. A lot of support to bring her back home. I've got a FB page for her up so it can help some. The more people the better.

-Recon
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2