GO!

Vets abusing animals

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Dash

The dashter, the- dashman!

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 7:53am PST 
Crazy stuff going on -- 2 vets recently have made the news for animal cruelty/abusing animals. One vet left his dog in the car on a hot day, the other vet beat a beagle to death with a hammer/screwdriver.
http://community.pet360.com/t5/Dog-Rescue-Advocacy/Vets-Abusing-An imals/m-p/5726#U5726

What is going on?
[notify]
Lyotto (Passed 8-8-13)

I love everyone- & everything!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 4:36pm PST 
Shame on them Vets! Woof!
[notify]
Kimiko

Barkster

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 11:24am PST 
You wouldn't think it happens. I guess it's almost a statistical certainty that there would be SOME vets who would do something like this. Stress or getting desensitized might be part of it.

I have a friend who was a tech at a clinic for exotics a while ago. She said the head vet there would use any of her birds who had killed their mates for exploratory learning surgery, etc. thinking I think she did them, eh, by the book, but it sounded like they were treated as expendable after that.
[notify]

Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '12 10:10am PST 
One of our local vets is really rough on dogs but is gentle on cats. I know how rough he is because several years ago I took my husband's first service dog Buddy a yellow lab and my own black lab Beethoven in for a rabies shot and a heartworm test. He had us take the leash off the dogs then put a slip leash on them and tied that to a slider on the wall behind the table and tied it tight then he grabbed all four of their legs picked them up flipped them over and slammed them down on the table to do the rabies shot and the heart worm test. When Beethoven was neutered the vet had me take his collar leash and halti with me when I left. When I had to rush him back into the vet four days after his surgery because his incision was swelled and looked really red and nasty, the vet said there was nothing he could do because he had already chewed the stitches out and the incision had ruptured on the way in to his office. He didnt even bother sending Beethoven home with pain meds or antibiotics. Needless to say I WILL NEVER go back to him again.
[notify]
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 1:14pm PST 
Just because some is a vet doesn't mean they cannot also be an animal abuser (or even a child abuser, murderer, or rapist). Most people who have sadistic tendencies like this go into a field of career that allows them access to what they need to fill their sick fantasies.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 10:04am PST 
Last year a vet near me was charged for treating fighting dogs under the table as well as shoddy practice and filthy conditions.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 6:08pm PST 
All I can say is not everybody is in their chosen career path for the right thing, and I second what Nikki and Zeus said.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 9:43am PST 
I am glad to say that because of that one local vet's abuse to peoples dogs he was forced into retirement. The two young vets who took over his office run it at a lower cost than their other offices. They each work part time at that office and then full time at their other offices. One is a wild life vet in Ky on Monday through Wednesday and works the office on Wed. afternoons, Thursday and Friday. His partner has two other offices and works the local office on Monday and Tuesday. Then he comes in on Saturday to help his partner that half day on Saturday. They are both really great vets and the one that is there the first part of the week was Katana's vet and was the one that told us that Maggie had brain cancer. His partner is the one who has taken care of Garnet both with her leg injury and with fixing her spay incision where another vet messed it up. She wasnt healing right and so I called him and asked him what he thought he had me bring her in and get it looked at. He ended up stitching it and giving her antibiotics and she is feeling all better.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 9:01am PST 
I'm 2 years into a complaint against a vet. People should know that if you feel your vet did wrong that you have the right to file a formal complaint with the Licensing Department of your state. Investigators came to the house and my complaint is with a prosecutor in Harrisburg. Any vet who does wrong should be held accountable period! I am the voice for Turner and will see this through until the end. naughty
[notify]
Shep

Bring on the- sheepies!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 1:20pm PST 
That sounds terrible, at my vets the old owners of it used to abuse the people the not the animals. They certainly weren't shy of letting people know if their animals weren't in perfect condition.
[notify]