GO!

Barking disturbance

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
George

Rottweiller in- his mind!

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 9:36am PST 
That's just sad. If a dog barks non-stop, that's one thing. But a dog is hard-wired to bark if something is invading their territory, or something is not as it should be in their world. It's up to us, as you've been doing to make sure it doesn't become a nuisance, but it sounds more like your neighbor is the nuisance.

Maybe they work nights, and have to sleep during the day? Even minor sounds would bother someone trying to sleep during the day after a late shift, but if that's the case, why not let your neighbors know, before you start hounding them about a barking dog. Most neighbors would adjust to help you out to make it easier for your day/night sleep swap.

As for what someone said about maybe a new baby, a child will sleep pretty much through anything if they're allowed to get used to it. If that's why they're upset, they need to get over it, and let the kid adapt, it'll be in their best interests later, believe me!

If your husband can talk to them without becoming upset, that's the way to go. I know I couldn't do it, but like you, my hubby could.

Until you know, I would worry about these neighbors, and I would wonder why they have targeted you in particular. Make sure your dogs are never out when you're not home, and check their yard when you return before you let them out.

And do take the note to the police, as someone else suggested; get ahead of it, let them know you're worried, and working on the problem. Good luck.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2