GO!

Please help. Long hours and can't be left inside all day!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 5:49pm PST 
Hi, sorry to bother about this because there was a thread that started my worry by Scruffy about dogs being stolen from their yards beaten to an large extent and returned, most being to badly injured to save. I need to know if there is a loop-hole for my situation:
Kc is now potty-trained but stays outside during the day from 6:40 am to 4 : 5 0 pm. I read the thread by Scruffy about dogs being stolen, beaten, then returned and I got really worried. A dog door is out by Mum and she can't be inside all day. A pet sitter and dog walker is no good either by Mum.Please do tell me if there is anything I am missing from my list and I mull it over with Mum. Thank you in advance!

PS I didn't tell her about the other dogs situation yet.red face wave
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 11:16pm PST 
Sanka's been an outside dog for 11 years. He's never been stolen. It's highly dependent on the area too. Sure, anything could happen, but you just weigh the odds. I could have a tree fall on me while out hiking with the dogs too, but the odds are so minimal, I still hike.

Honestly, given what I've read before, I don't think your mum will budge on this issue, unless there's been reported cases in your area of dog thefts. Even then, who knows.shrug
[notify]
Kc

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 1:45pm PST 
I just got nervous when I heard about this but I'm not sure exactly where it occured.red face Thanks!smile
[notify]

Kc

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 1:45pm PST 
I just got nervous when I heard about this but I'm not sure exactly where it occured.red face Thanks!smile
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 2:04pm PST 
It was in Indiana... If there isn't any history in your area of dogs being stolen I wouldn't worry about it. My guys have doggie doors and come and go as they need to. When it's summertime they are outside all day. I don't worry about them being stolen...
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 5:11pm PST 
wave

Didn't mean to worry you Kc! I agree with the other posters. Know your area! Also, pay attention. If you see anything or anyone that seems suspicious do keep an extra watchful eye on your pup. I posted the article on Dogster because it's dog related, and I figured it would help spread the word to others which could maybe help the authorities catch whoever did such a terrible thing to poor Laddie. And yes, it happened in Indiana.
[notify]
Kc

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 3:35pm PST 
/oh thanks! She's house trained now and she's in when we are but not when company is. (I'm still working on "leave it") So she's only out when we aren't home. Thank you all!
[notify]