GO!

Senior dog stolen, beaten and dumped back in yard

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Dec 28, '11 12:13pm PST 
Please, never leave your pets alone and unattended!!
Truly tragic. R.I.P. Laddie.

==============================================
Bremen, IN - A frightening trend appears to be taking place across the nation - dogs stolen from their yards, abused and then returned.

It has happened again to one little dog in Bremen.

According to WSBT News, 14 yr-old Laddie, a mini Sheltie, was stolen from his fenced yard on Wednesday.

Several hours later, the little dog, so broken from a beating that he could not walk, was placed back into his yard.

His family said that he was covered in mud and eggs - the veterinarian decided that Laddie was too grievously injured to be saved.

What type of person is capable of such heartless brutality?

Clues from a possible witness indicate that children could be to blame.

One neighbor claims to have seen children taunting the dog through the fence.

She claims to have seen a boy in a black sweatshirt who was poking sticks at the dog - that boy had a baseball with him at the time.

Whether a bat was the weapon of choice, or another implement - the end result was the same...Laddie, an innocent victim, was brutally beaten - to the point that he had to be humanely euthanized.

The police have opened an animal cruelty investigation in conjunction with Laddie's death.

Anyone with information should call Bremen Police at 574.546.3456 or Bremen CrimeStoppers at 574.546.5555.

Please keep a close eye on your dogs - do not allow them to remain unattended in the yard.

Rest in Peace Laddie.

source

Note: The dog featured in the photo which accompanies this story is not Laddie. This is Peanut Butter, a dog in need of a home in Indiana. Please click here to read his Petfinder profile.

If you would like to continue receiving dog-related articles, including the latest news, tips and advice, please click the subscribe icon.

It's free and anonymous. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing this story with others.

===================================
link to story: http://m.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/senior-dog-stolen-returned-be aten
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 6:25pm PST 
This is so sad. RIP Laddie...hughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 7:24pm PST 
This is a very sad story. No dog should ever have to endure this type of horror. I sincerely hope that these "children" are found and they give some reason for their actions. These and all children should be taught that this is not the way any living creature deserves to be treated. hughughughughughug and our deepest sympathies to the owners of the dog. May he rest in peace.
[notify]

Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Fri Dec 30, '11 11:39am PST 
I will be holding Sandy a little closer tonight. cry

Poor Laddie. I don't know how anyone could do something so horrible to any dog, but especially a senior dog. I'd say I wonder what was going through their minds, but I don't think I even want to know. RIP Laddie. cry
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Fri Dec 30, '11 3:54pm PST 
No, no no no no no no no no no no! During the day because mom works NINE hours, I stay outside during the day and come in when they return! No! What should I do?! She can't stand baby gates and our crate is being used by one of moms work friends.Any advice BEFORE moday would be greatly apprectiated.frowncrycrycrycrycrycrycry
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 5:38am PST 
Scruffy,
Any update on this story yet? Have they gotten any leads or found those responsible for this? Please keep us all posted.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 12:44pm PST 
Unfortunatly I have not seen or heard any updates on this story yet.
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 4:01pm PST 
Kc you can ask some neighbors to keep their eyes out for anyone suspicious near your fence or car parked in front of your home?

You know I saw a commercial for this pet ID tag, except THIS one had something else that if your dog leaves the home you are immediately notified because they track it. The tag cost $50 and it was $7.50 (I think..I know it was $7 something) a month. Might be worth getting for a case like this where 9 hours the dog is alone outside.
[notify]
Taichi

Ninja Canine

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 9:38pm PST 
That's so sad. Poor Laddie, and his owners must be devastated. Imagine jut one day out of the blue you come home to find that. I'm going to go hug my doggies now.
[notify]