GO!

Hypothetical/Moral question

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 3:42pm PST 
Let's assume you have an intact male dog. Your dog goes to a doggy daycare during the day.

At some point, your dog ties with an in heat female while at the doggy daycare and the female gets pregnant.

Would you partake in any type of care for the resulting puppies?

Obviously, this would be one horrible doggy daycare, but it's just a hypothetical question.

Sorry for the strange question...work is slow tonight.laugh out loud
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 4:22pm PST 
Sanka, I'm with ya... I'm about to beat my head on the desk. Will someone break into a fight tonight!? naughtynaughty

I would think if I had an intact dog and he mated at the doggy daycare the daycare should be responisble. Since they were responsible for placing my dog with a female knowing my dog was intact.

Just my opinion.... shrug
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 4:28pm PST 
I agree with Turner.
[notify]

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

I agree with Turner.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

I don't know what happened, I hit the post button once!

Edited by author Thu Nov 24, '11 4:30pm PST

[notify]
Gunther

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 4:48pm PST 
I agree with Turner as well. The day care knew my dog was intact so therefore its the daycare being responsible. My part responsibility would be over when I made sure they were aware my male was intact. The fact that they would allow and in heat female to comingle with males neutered or not raises questions..
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 4:59pm PST 
Legalities aside, would you feel any desire to help care for the pups or be somewhat involved in their lives since they are the offspring of your dog?
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 5:14pm PST 
Me being me of course I would help out some. big hug I would try to help the pups find the best homes. Maybe even keep one for myself as a reminder...meditate
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 5:34pm PST 
I'd say there's no legal or moral responsibility for you, as the owner. That falls entirely on the heads of the daycare staff.

I'd probably want to participate though. I mean, they are puppies! From my dog! I didn't want to bring them into the world, but they are there, and I would want to help out and make sure they get good homes and all that.
[notify]
Gunther

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 7:41pm PST 
I would help, but not financially.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5