GO!

Is reporting a neighbour worth the trouble it might cause?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 4:50pm PST 
I would report her. If she accuses you of anything get a restraining order against her. naughty
[notify]
Kessel

GlitterstimSpice- AndNothingNice

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 12:47pm PST 
Can you tell me a bit more about the situation?

1. Do you know what your local ordinances are in terms of dogs at large, keeping females contained while in heat, etc.?
2. Do you have an Animal Law Enforcement agency, or are your animal complaints handled through the police or sheriff?
3. Do you have a local shelter that accepts stray animals?

I will try to offer some advice without this information, but if you could tell me the answers to those questions, I could certainly help more.

In my jurisdiction, if an animal is running loose, unrestrained, and a citizen contains it, our local Animal Law Enforcement will come to impound the animal and take it back to the shelter to await an owner to reclaim it. In no way would a citizen be penalized for containing a stray dog and bringing it to our shelter, or having an officer come to impound it.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 1:39am PST 
Kessel... a bitch in heat, at large, is legally considered a public nuisance. We have a ranger who picks up stray dogs, either off the street or picked up by people. Sometimes he will just take them somewhere quiet and shoot them, if,they seem aggressive, sick or have other issues, if they are a banned breed, or if the shelter is full.

Our local shelter has a high kill rate.

Interestingly enough, she has her dogs perfectly restrained these days. Maybe because she realized I was angry? Who knows? Didn't even have to make the call. She glares at me every time she sees me, but I could care less!

Saw her kid walking around town with a white ferret the other day, though, just carrying it like a toy... Very odd people.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2