GO!

Another reason NOT to chain your dog....

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 53)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 10:31am PST 
I honestly see my dogs as very close members of my family, but I understand that to some people dogs have a job in the household. A guardian dog, like the one in the story, is keeping the house safe and warning the house about dangers. What really has me upset over this story is the fact that the dog was ignored. If you're going to chain a dog up for a duty, then I would hope that you'd respond immediately upon barking, yelping and gosh, MAYBE GUNFIRE.

The story is saddening, and I am glad that the woman is safe. I would hope for her sake that she seeks better protection after this, and doesn't ignore obvious signs.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 11:30am PST 
actually negligence is an opinion. although one that's also defined legally. smile

so what's your opinion on this specific story? negligence or not?
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 12:58pm PST 
Given the situation, I'm not sure I can pull the negligence card since there would be no saving a dog that was shot through the heart.

I do think the owner is negligent though. What if the dog had just received a minor injury that could be fixed? She still decided to ignore the barking until someone called her.

Edited by author Tue Sep 20, '11 12:58pm PST

[notify]

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 53)  
1  2  3  4  5  6