GO!

7 Month old Baby KILLED by 2 Pitbulls in San Antonio, Texas!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 9:29am PST 
What the **** is going on? This is front page news in our city. This has got to stop. I am absolutely speechless and appauled. This poor family lost their 7 month old baby to 2 Pitbulls. I don't have the link yet for any info but I did see it on the San Antonio Express News Front Page and now there's talk about banning Pits. This is extremely upsetting.....
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 9:46am PST 
HERE IS A LINK TO THE STORY This is truly sad, poor baby cry

Why do people keep unsafe, aggressive dogscry
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:37am PST 
120 lb pitbulls? Either someone is exaggerating or someone's got the breed wrong and just giving pitties a bad rap....
[notify]

Our Gang

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:46am PST 
Posts like this do nothing but further aggravate the bias. People see this and think "Oh no, another pit killed" Why? Because these are the stories they are seeing all over the place.

Why aren't the stories of the 3 week old baby killed by a husky in Bourbonnais, Illinois, the 3 year old killed by a Rottweiler in Ft. Worth Texas, the 4 year old killed by a Rottweiler in Chicago, IL, the 8 year old killed by the 100 pound mixed breed, the 2 week old killed by a Chow in Mesa, AZ, the 38 year old man killed by two bull mastiffs in Rancho Mirage, the 3 year old killed by a husky in Wayne County, GA, being plastered all over the place? Spreading the news of these "pit" incidents doesn't help a darn thing.

Perhaps the title should have been ANOTHER child killed after being left unsupervised with dogs. 8 of the 11 fatalities of 2009 were children left with dogs unsupervised. THAT is the REAL story.

Edited by author Wed Apr 1, '09 10:47am PST

[notify]
Cash TT

I got the best- Fur Coat on the- Block!

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:50am PST 
The APBT can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
This breed NEEDS socilaization and training. Constant management is a must.
If you cannot give that to you APBT, you are creating a future disaster.

Properly managed, raised and trained, the APBT is a wonderful dog.

...just like ANY OTHER DOG.

The dogs that did this are an embarassment and a blight on the APBT community.
And their owners are wholly responsible. Because that's what happens when you own a dog- you become RESPONSIBLE for the dog.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:50am PST 
I am sure they are plastered all over the place locally. Stories like this don't usually make the headlines out of the area - pitbull or not. It is just that we read the internet and have people in all areas and stories go round on the internet. I bet there are lots of stories of other dogs too but not many post them here.

Edited by author Wed Apr 1, '09 10:53am PST

[notify]
Our Gang

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:54am PST 
I would have to disagree with the "pit bull or not" portion of the statement. Pit bull incidents that are fairly severe almost always get some type of national coverage. The poor kid killed in Wayne Ga, only had local coverage. Within an hour of yesterday's pit story it had already gotten nationwide coverage and over 200 news outlets carrying the story.

Edited by author Wed Apr 1, '09 11:02am PST

[notify]
Nadiya KC- Dog- Advocates

Member of KC Dog- Advocates.

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 10:55am PST 
When they show me a 120lb pit bull I'll believe it.shrug
[notify]
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 1:20pm PST 
This just goes to show how much damage a dog of this caliber can do. That's the whole point. Like Cash said, these dogs APBT and the APBTXX's NEED to be socialized and properly trained or they just turn into monsters as is the case some of time with these dogs. There is a HUGE gang element here in SA where these young guys get these Pits and chain them outside and abuse them and try to make them fighting dogs, THEN they get loose. That's the problem, and it makes front page news because of the magnitude of the damage...I mean a baby and a 2 year old was killed...where's the sympathy???......poor parents and all some can say is Why was the kid alone, what bad bad parents and blah blah blah...What about the owner of the Pit??? Just sad.

Edited by author Sat Apr 18, '09 11:06am PST

[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Barked: Wed Apr 1, '09 1:31pm PST 
It happens in Baltimore a lot too - where I work. Same mentality cry

But going back to the bad press - you didn't hear on the national news about a pit bull that attacked a family that came home one evening did you? It was in Baltimore. The neighbour dog got out and as they came up the side of their house it attacked. The dog was killed to stop the attack.

Edited by author Wed Apr 1, '09 1:32pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5