GO!

Dogs Turn on owner

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 8:32am PST 
At least they didn't put pit bull in the title.

Three Dogs Attack Owners Who Try to Separate Them

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 06:39 PM
FEATURED VIDEO
Three Dogs Taken from Home Following Fight
Omaha, NE - Two Pit Bulls and a German Shepherd are in big trouble after turning on their owners. The dogs live in a house near 42nd and Burdette with their owners. On Friday, the animals got into a fight with each other. The animals bit their owners who tried to separate them. Action 3 News talked to one of the Pit Bull owners who claims his dog is innocent.

The Humane Society took all three dogs and the owners are wondering if they'll see their pets again. "This just makes me sick," says Pit Bull owner, Jake Hamilton. Jake Hamilton owns the two Pit Bulls. He claims his roommate's German Shepherd attacked them. "Everybody just was trying to separate it and they stuck their hands in and some of them got vicious bites," says roommate, William Whitehouse.

Hamilton tells us his Pit Bulls, Richard and Princess have never shown aggression to any other dogs, people, not even his kids. But because of their breed, he's worried he'll never get them back. "My dogs are getting taken. Princess is pregnant and she's getting taken," he says.

"That's a good dog too," says Whitehouse as he points to the German Shepherd. The owner of the German Shepherd lost her dog too, but wouldn't talk to us about what happened.

Posted by: Action 3 News Reporter Erika Summers esummers@action3news.com

People are so stupid. Dog Fight Rule 101 do not stick your hand in the middle. This is not a dog turning on its owner in my mind. This is just stupid owners who got dogs that they don't know how to handle. I just think if you own any dogs large or small you should know the proper ways of breaking up a dog fight.
[notify]
Boston

BSL - laws against- BigSexyLugs- stop it!

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 8:41am PST 
Oh for dogs sake confused
Sticking your hand into a dog fight and getting bitten is having a dog 'turn on you'?
Funny, that's not what I'd call it. 'Moronic' sounds about right.

Edited by author Sun Nov 16, '08 8:41am PST

[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 9:53am PST 
Oh good lord. Because dogs are totally paying attention to where they place each and every bite when they're fighting two other dogs.

Also, sticking hands in the middle of a fight aside, there is such a thing as DEFERRING. This is incredibly common occurrence that takes place when a dog enters a highly agitated state (for any reason), is prevented from reaching and dealing with the source of his agitation, and so he bites whatever he can reach. Which is why you stand a very good chance of being bit no matter how you break up a fight.
[notify]

Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 10:06am PST 
So true Vance. I can't imagine if I was fighting someone and something grabbed by from behind. I think you would bite as an instinct before even knowing what you were biting.
[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 11:05am PST 
Jasmine and a previous foster dog got into a big fight and trying to break them up I got bit by one of them, not sure which. (not hard, didnt even break any skin) Does that mean they turned on me? No. They were two female dogs fighting. shrug

People are really dumb.
[notify]
Nadiya KC- Dog- Advocates

Member of KC Dog- Advocates.

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 5:03pm PST 
Whenever mine get into a tussle, I throw water on them, I don't know if it would have worked in this case, but believe me I would never get in the middle of a dog fight.
[notify]
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 5:28pm PST 
Well, I guess they better come take Abby & Shadow away cause they got into a tiff just today and had to be seperated! (I wasn't an idiot and put my hands in the middle of it though)

IMO - if pits weren't involved it for sure wouldn't have made the papers and the pups probably wouldn't have gotten taken either! What a bunch of crap! I'm curious as to how AC got involved in the first place, though. Maybe one of the owners had to go to the ER and they are required to report it?
[notify]
Cookies 'n'- Creme- (1998-2011)

Heart of a lion,- soul of a lamb

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 5:29pm PST 
You'd think that they would know better. Because of those ignorant owners, I'll probably have more people telling me that Cookie will turn on me now.frown
I have a hard enough time with people making rude comments sometimes about her already...
I wish that people would research about dogs and how to be safe before getting one...poor dogs.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 1:23am PST 
This is why everyone who has an APBT needs to work with their dog BEFORE they ever get into a fight and learn the proper way to break one up.
[notify]
Sydney, My- Angel, RIP

Expert Human- Trainer

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 4:54am PST 
Hmmm let's think about this for a moment, Princess was pregnant. I have a feeling that the male, Richard wasn't neutered (hello, she didn't become pregnant through immaculate conception). I'm thinking that the German Shep wasn't neutered either. Bad situation. Unneutered males and a preganant female. To me, that's just asking for some trouble. Just my opinion.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3