GO!

75 dog breeds banned or restricted

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 28 of 28: Viewing entries 271 to 277)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 1:06am PST 
I think this is mad, in the uk, we have a dangerous dog act, and new legislation as come out, which is really scary. A lady in the UK owned a rottie, she ran a pub and this rottie had the run of the place and was friendly to all, but he had one fault, he didnt like to be placed in the car, so last year in doing this, he bit her, she went to A&E the nurse first question was have you had the dog to sleep, and it was explained any dog bite has to be reported which can result in your dog being put to sleep, Anyway nothing happened. This year the same thing happened again, and the lady was bitten again, she decided to treat it herself rather then chance going to the hospital and losing her beloved pet, unfortunately this time she developed septicemia and died, but also her beloved dog was put down
how bonkers is this, I feel this legislation has been created by the few irresponsible dog owners who use there dogs as weapons. It is not the dogs fault, most of us train our dogs. My dog for instance, if I stop her running to the door when somebody knocks I grab her by the collar, she becomes really aggressive, showing her teeth trying to bite, but does this legislation warrant such a hard outcome, and hopefully if your dog bites you,it should be treated totally differant from a dog biting a stranger or a child. Each case should be judged individully not enmass.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 6:23am PST 
OH NO a american bulldog is on the list by daughter is going to cry when i tell her she cant bring hey dog that she cared for since she was a month old frown our dog was the most caring and loving do ever she was calm and aways listened
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 7:15am PST 
For Guest member from 8/25/2012 this is a list of breeds banned and restircted for various reasons in various areas. Please check YOUR AREA.
Akitas are on the list as well,but not banned or restricted in my area,I own two with no problems,so just because they are on the list somewhere,does not mean that the ban or restriction applies to your situation,don't give up hope just yet.hugwishes
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 12:59am PST 
Hi

I know that the original post was written some time ago, but the legislation in the UK has changed this year 2012, several more dogs have been added, and now any dog bites seen in A&E have to be reported. Also and I'm not sure if this is legislation or the public, there has been a lot of ill feeling about Crufts and their breed standards,they have asked or told all registered breeders to only have 4 litters a year, its a small step, and they have also set up a board to investigate the breed standards in question dogjs
[notify]
Hero of- Berryland

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 3:12pm PST 
I was reading and I noticed someone mentioned the Black Russian Terrier, as a BRT owner myself I feel the BRT as with many of those breeds DO NOT belong on this list. Granted the BRT is a guard dog by trade he is to rare with to careful of owners to be on said list.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 7:57pm PST 
This list pretty much would shut me down to only owning tabbies jeez...where did it originate from 75 breeds from where?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 12:41pm PST 
For Anyone Interested the original post in this thread was from 2007 and was compiled by the OP listing all of the breeds banned for various reasons in cities,towns,counties,etc... all across the United States. Some were banned in cases of Condo Associations,local laws,city ordinance,Homeowners Assoc.,gated communities,public housing,or whatever the case. Someone new always seems to find the thread along the way and add to it in some way or another. I just felt at this point it might be a good idea to refresh memories or allow posters to know exactly what they were adding their posts to. Enjoy... I love seeing the new opinions that show up from time to time in this thread.
[notify]
  (Page 28 of 28: Viewing entries 271 to 277)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28