GO!

Update on Case against the Boudreaux Family

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 8:38am PST 
Not again Ziero, wanting sympathy for this evil man! I remember you mentioned this a while ago and didn't like it when people said how guys like him were terrible and should never be allowed to have animals. You were very proud that your dog came from fighting lines - when most other people are not! It's people like this evil man that breeds fighting dogs today that need to be put down. Please don't come back with the rubbish you talked about last time.
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 8:51am PST 
Rosie-

First off.. I think you misunderstood what I said last time. I said I am proud of my dog's heritage, not that they came from fighting lines.

Secondly, if you don't want to see what I have to say.. don't read my threads.. that's pretty basic to me. If I see a topic I don't want to read about.. I don't click on it. Or if you do read it and you don't like it, you aren't being forced to say negative things, so don't... I try to help people on here whenever I can, very rarely do you see me typing anything that is negative or telling people that their thoughts are bad. Please afford me the same respect....

Just a thought....

Lastly.. Floyd was not an evil man. Have you ever met and talked to him? Do you know what he is like? Well, I have, and I do know what he is like. He is like you or me.. just a person trying to live his life.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:14am PST 
Well I never met Sadam Hussein or Adolf Hitler either but I know when someone is evil! Anyone breeding fighting dogs in this day and age is evil - end of story.
[notify]

Dolly

Doxie By- Association

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:16am PST 
In reading this article, I am absolutely exstatic that this man is getting what he deserves. Yes he may have had excellent physical lines in the dogs he bred, but he was fighting these dogs! Yes, it may have been legal before, BUT THAT DID NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. These dogs have been euthanized for no reason. It's HIS fault that his dogs have been terminated because they have been made too aggressive for ownership, not the government's or anyone else's fault.

I personally would rather see a Pittie who has been bred with the "wrong" lines (or however you want to put it) and be loving then a dog who will rip my eyes out or attack my little girl for just looking at him the wrong way.

Just my two cents.

Edited for spelling error
[notify]
Tohbi - Deceased- 10/04/2013

Blue-Eyed Devil

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:35am PST 
Wow - hot topic.
I'm not sure how to respond to this one. I don't know a lot about the Boudreauxs, but I'm sure I understand where they come from. Dog fighting, hog hunting, bay pens, hog rodeos - its all pretty common down south. A down home tradition. Some of it is a sport. Some of it definately is not. Just because its where the breed has come from doesn't really make it right or does it defend its right to continue. Its pretty awful. So were gladiator fights in Rome - should we still be doing that? I don't know. I don't like boxing either.
My biggest problem with the whole thing is the steroids. You defend him comparing the use to professional athlete. My problem is that those folks inject themselves. I don't think the dogs were asking for it.
Its a shame that anyone should be up on these charges. But, if they have the evidence - I'm sorry. I really don't think its wrong to prosecute. Even if he's done a lot for the breed, if you support dog fighting and encouraging dog aggression, you're going to get a lot of irresponsible people putting on "shows" or "contests" in the back yard for profit and fun.

Its a bad situation. I can relate to Ziero's views even though I don't agree, but I don't think you're gonna find a lot of sympathy here. Sorry.
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:38am PST 
What do you know about this man or his dogs? What do you know about these dogs in general? The Eli lines were dog aggressive, not people agressive.
Edited by forums moderator
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:44am PST 
Well as you started this thread with just the newspaper article with no comment from you, I think everyone has the right to make a comment, be it what you want to hear or not. I really do appreciate Dolly's comments - very well written and well put.

So you are saying it's OK to inject you dog with steriods and to fight them - because that is what we are all against here - except you it seems.
[notify]
Dolly

Doxie By- Association

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:47am PST 
Ok, now you made me mad. First, if you don't want other's opinions or two cents just because they don't agree with yours, DON'T FREAKIN POST HERE! That's what forums are for. Second, Dolly is my little girl, and third, any dog that is that aggressive will not be able to distinguish human from animal, so if it wants to bite a person, it will.
[notify]
Poppy

"Dance to the- beat of your own- drum"

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 9:47am PST 
He obvioulsy bred the dogs by maximising the aggressive genes. Steriods are very harmful. What he's done is against nature in so many ways. Why glorify that? Who would want a dog aggressive dog? You could never take it to the park. You could never take it on holiday and you could never trust it. What sort of life is that? It's not the dogs' faults - its a kind of eugenics perpertrated by someone who enjoys violence.
[notify]
Badger- Hunter's- Little- Smokie

Come closer!- Have U been dog- approved?

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:24am PST 
Wow! What a topic.

I don't see why anywoof would want to breed dog aggressive dogs or people aggressive dogs for that matter. I thought the whole purpose for breeding was to promote the "good" qualities of a dog....great bones, looks, even temperment, good health?

There are some great Pit Bulls that are loving, sweet, family dogs. From the article, it sounds like Boudreaux was breeding them to be aggressive fighters.

As for what type of person he is personally, I don't know. What I do know that is when they interview family, friends and neighbors of the most heinous criminals you always hear "was a quiet person, very friendly, kept to themself, never met anyone nicer.....". You never hear "he was a raving lunatic and I feared for my or my families safety, I always knew he was an ax murderer".

Smoke, *looking over his shoulder for aggressive dogs*
[notify]
(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3