GO!

What can I do to help pitbulls?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Apollo (- CGC ) RIP MY- BEAUTIF

I am a big bad- bully- CHICKEN!!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 28, '05 11:00pm PST 
Go to the PBRC website. They have a list of the states and cities that have bans or are working on getting BSL started. Don't be scared just fight for what is right. Write letters, emails and make phone calls. Let them know what you think. Just please be as nice as possible when doing so.
[notify]
Zeus a ROO

Peace, Love and- Sniff Butt

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '05 6:30am PST 
ATTN all dog owners, we need your help. if you click here you will find a campaign to pass a bill to change the punishment for dog fighting and chicken fighting for good to a felony instead of a misdemenor. The thought is, if the punishment is changed to a felony less people will participate therefore putting an end to animal fighting. What you need to do is explained on the website. It will just take a couple of minutes of your time to help save millions of dogs and chickens from these cruel acts. Please take a look and email your representative if he is not on the list and ask them to be on it. if they are on it please email your congressman/representative and thank them for taking the time to take a stand on this problem. if you have any questions or problems just shoot me an email and i will do my best to assist. please help us in this campaign, it is very important to us American Pit bull owners especially. this is a change that has needed to take place for a very long time to help put an end to this problem. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

Zeus's Mom

Hope you all have a great new year! be safe pups!
Zeus!
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Fri Dec 30, '05 11:03am PST 
Actually Miso, Chicago's working on it. 19th Ward Alderman Virginia A. Rugai as proposed a ban against pitties in your city.

Write her and tell her about us:
Chicago City Council
City Hall
121 N. LaSalle Street, Room 209
Chicago, IL 60602
Phone: (312) 744-6800
Fax: (312) 744-6824

Thanks for caring. We need more people like you, who don't own pitties, to speak up on our behalf, since everyone thinks we're prejudice (well, okay I am).
[notify]

Miso

The Divine Devil- Dog

Barked: Fri Dec 30, '05 8:43pm PST 
Oh my god, I really didn't know that. The person you just mentioned is an alderman right? I don't really think that she's gonna be able to ban pits in Chicago. I know that there might be a chance that she might have some sorta influence so I will write to her. The reason why I don't think it's gonna happen in Chicago is because this city is known to be one of the dog friendliest city. Our mayor creates a lot of dog friendly areas that cater to dogs and dog lovers. The effects that came from the past few dog attacks was enforcing people to curb their dog. If dogs aren't curbed here, you get a ticket.

I already wrote to Oprah and probably will write again, hopefully she will do a show educating people and the misconceptions of pitbulls. I think everyone should write to her. She's very influential and a dog lover herself. Millions of people watch her show, so please go to her website and submit your ideas about pitbulls. I know it sounds silly but please try.

http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '06 12:21am PST 
Today is a sad day for me. Mommie and I were watching the news and they announced that effective today, California cities are allowed to pass breed specific laws. Most likely, new breed specific laws will target pitbulls. frown
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '06 6:41am PST 
Yup, I'm in danger now.

If they ban pits or require muzzling around us, I guess I'll probably have to drop out of grad school and move somewhere else. Two years down the drain.

It's a shame because one of the reasons we moved here in the first place was because of the liberal atmosphere, but I guess it's not liberal if you're talking about dogs.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '06 9:49pm PST 
Yikes Sabrina. I'm hoping for the best. It looks like San Francisco might be one of the first cities to jump on the opportunity (with two human deaths that the media went wild with in the recent few years), but I hope the neighboring cities will be a little more sensible.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2