GO!

China's Cat & Dog Fur Trade

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Goblin

give me mud or- give me ball!

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '05 7:43pm PST 
link to cat & dog fur story

this is reallyreallyreally upsetting.

it makes me so angry. :o(
[notify]
Gwenevere - *In Loving- Memory*

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 5:43am PST 
Goblin, personally any fur trade is just terrible to me. People fail to understand that all animals feel emotions-and pain. Chickens and pigs are very intelligent-although people think little about them-they are "food". I know that most people disagree with me, I'd love to spend the time to explain further-but I have a final paper to write right now. I just wanted to say that nomatter what animal it is, using animals for food, entertainment(zoos and circus) and clothing(fur and leather products) is wrong. If people can feel badly(stating that it is immoral) about dogs and cats being used as food/fur, how can they justify using others animals rabbits/cows/pigs etc. in this way?

Try this book out, it will touch your heart:
"The Pig Who Sang to the Moon"
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 5:47am PST 
Oh, and I think this post is in the wrong forum...can dogster move it? smile
[notify]

Goblin

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 4:13pm PST 
gwenevere, at no point did i say i was ignoring the plight of other animals nor justifying their slaughter. but this is a dog/cat site, so naturally i'm focusing on dogs & cats. puppy

is your dog a vegetarian? do you honestly think you are the only person in the world who see's how bad things are for animals?

everything has to begin somewhere because you cannot change the world in one attempt. people will focus their energies where it most affects them. some choose the injustices done to dogs & cats, others to pigs, others to children in 3rd world countries.

people do what they can & every little attempt to make the world a better place counts. puppy
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 7:04pm PST 
There's actually another thread on this topic titled "DOG AND CAT FUR TRADE IN CHINA!!" under dog laws. I've read alot of the posts on there, and looking back to it now, someone actually had the same response that I did. I wasn't attacking you personally, I was just voicing my opinion. If you didn't want other's opinions, why did you start a thread? And, I don't think that I am the "only person in the world who see's how bad things are for animals". Besides that, I don't want to participate in a thread where I am attacked for voicing my opinion. I thought I was being nice by aknowledging your post and responding...I guess I should have stuck to the other thread...
[notify]
Goblin

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 8:01pm PST 
it wasn't an attack, i was merely responding.
not everyone is going to agree with everything you say in life, & this is one of those times.
i disagreed with your generalised assumption that most people only see animals like pigs & chickens as food.

please don't think you were doing me a favour by responding to my post. i didn't make the post for fun or to make friends. i made it to be read & thought about.
[notify]