GO!

DOG AND CAT FUR TRADE IN CHINA!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3  
Monte

did you say bra- or car?

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 11:25pm PST 
alot of ppl do care about the way fish are treated, there is alot of study into lobsters though and they have a very different central nervous system to us, the noise lobsters make when being boiled is actually the air going out of the shell, i think most shell fish have this too.... some veggies tend to stay away anyway just incase untill more study is donesmile
[notify]
Monte

did you say bra- or car?

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 11:29pm PST 
woah, sorry about triple posts guys, comp just freaked out on me
[notify]
Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '05 5:43am PST 
i didn't know that Monte. but i'm not a vegitarian/vegan and i own leather items. i don't think people should stop wearing fur if they need it for warmth and are using the whole animal in the process. i've eaten moose and caribou(not reindeer, the wild stuff) and even some elk and rabbit. it was all hunted by family member and the whole animal was used. these creatures didn't suffer and they didn't go to waste so i see no issues with this.

now the skinning alive of mass, for lack of a better word, produced animals like dogs, cats, rabbits, mink, ect for pure Fashion purposes in wrong. any animal killed just for fashion or to be a trophy on someone's wall is wrong and is a disrespect to the spirit of said animal. its these actions that break my heart and makes the world a bit darker, not the people who make good use of each life that is taken, giving the animal's spirit the proper respect for giving up its life so other might live.

ok that was more like my $2.00 than $0.02. sorry if i upset anyone but that what i believe
[notify]

Gromit

I'm just a happy- pup!

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '05 10:28am PST 
Nah, you didn't upset anyone Diesel! At least not me! I don't think it's right either - it's sad to think that there are people in this world doing stuff like this and not even thinking twice. It's the idea that animals are lower than us - and for people like that - it's hard to shake their mentality. It's sad, but true. We just have to keep standing up for what we stand up for and hopefully there will be a change.
[notify]
Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '05 5:00am PST 
OH MY!!!! Ma wee mom has just used words that a've never heard afore, she's just blon a gasgot!!!

A fink we aw know whit's goin' on aboot us, an' yes a agree that there are times when we aw have tae sit back an' look at the big picture. Whit we fink is cruel may no be the case fur ofhers, which, in ma humble opinion is a cryin' shame, especially when is concerns animals of any type.
Diesel yer right aboot it no just bein' us dogs, wouldn't the world be wunderwoofal if nofhin' like that ever happened?

Efter watchin' the wee video, though a never watched it aw, mom will probably go back tae it, a wis just wonderin. Ye know when ye see the men tossin' the cages off the truck, a tried tae picture a wee dog/cat doin' that wifh a cage full of them!!! But hey, at least us animals would NEVER do anyfing that cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '05 5:21pm PST 
I dunno guys.. this might seem just a bit off topic, but do you think that our culture makes us a bit too nosy sometimes?

I mean, I've been around. I've hung out with people from other countries and in other countries (in their natural habitat), and I've also spent quality times with all sorts of people. For example, I've dined with people who don't eat beef, people who don't eat pork, people who don't eat meat at all, or people who don't eat shell fish, people who only eat kosher, or people who don't drink alchol for personal/religious/cultural reasons, and none of them lectured me on how my lifestyle is wrong even when sometimes I'd be enjoing food items that are explicitely forbidden to them right across the table.

I mean, sometimes I wonder.. what gives us the right to openly criticize other cultures that we know very little of? Who do we think we are? Do we really lack the tiniest bit of humility to allow others to carry on with their own lives? How dare we call label another country's practice "cruel" according to our own narrow minded standards?

Really, sometimes I think the word "cruelty" is simply overrated. Cruelty, for me, belongs to rare cases when you see someone torturing someone or some animal, and for some sick reason, that person actually ENJOYS doing it. If this person can't get enough of watching another live being suffer and cry in pain, then I'd call that act cruel for sure.

For me, the word cruelty is defined by the intentions behind the action, and not the action itself. The world woud not make sense to me otherwise. If the contrary was true, for example, anyone who have ever fought in a war would be considered the nastiest people for aiming a weapon at someone else with an intent to harm or kill. I'd be disowning many male members of my relatives, for sure.

(by the way, I am an average meat eating, soda drinking, and junk food idulging American and I don't consider myself "cruel" towards chickens, cows, or pigs, fish, shell fish, or any other meat items that I may have consumed)
[notify]
Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '05 6:24pm PST 
good post Snowy. i think we are a bit nosey, personally, as a country. you do have a good point though!
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '05 11:32pm PST 
I agree 100% with Snowy and Diesel. I have thought similar thoughts for a long time, but I didn't want to post them for fear of being chewed up by everyone here. Congrats to you guys!
[notify]
Harry CGC,- TT

I'll take care- of the puppy!

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '05 8:34am PST 
I agree with most of what you say snowy.
But I do think the practice of skinning animals while they are alive is SUPREMELY CRUEL.
One cannot watch the video of the fully skinned racoon blinking and trying to get away and not be haunted.
I have no problems with what they do. I have problems with the way they do it. Just as I have a problem here in the US with Veal and Foie Gras and mink and chinchilla and many other "live animal" industries that are not regulated enough to prevent cruelty towards the animals. There is just no reason for the cruelty.

-Harry's mom
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3