GO!

DOG AND CAT FUR TRADE IN CHINA!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Teddy

I'm a Mama's- Boy!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 12:17pm PST 
http://www.furisdead.com/feat-dogcatfur.asp

Here is the link, I have to warn you they video made me cry and quite sick to my stomach.
I can't even express into words what I am feeling right now, so if I wrote a letter to the ambassador like it asks it probably wouldn't make any sense. I'm sure there are several people who belong to this forum who can write a good letter. Please do and send it to the address at the bottom of the page. This HAS to stop!
[notify]
Vanna

I want to break- freeee

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 3:41pm PST 
OMG!!! Mom saw this a few months ago and it made her sick...she couldnt even watch the whole thing!!! It is awful!
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 4:43pm PST 
Being PETA, I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of it has been dramatized or exaggerated, but if it is really happening, I don't like it. I'd prefer to see it for myself and see what's really going on than to trust a lying organization.
[notify]

Lucy - Rest in- Peace, LuLu

Ban the deed,- not the breed!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 4:51pm PST 
Kallie, I agree with you on PETA...however, there is no manipulation or sensationalism in this video. It's raw footage and it's the real deal. There is no way even PETA could have faked this. Part of the reason the video is so horrifying to watch is because it is, without any doubt, REAL.

Wish that it weren't.
[notify]
----Jordan--- --

Sweet & gentle- rabble rouser

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 5:23pm PST 
I didn't watch the video but it's quite amazing what's going on in China, besides any enforcement of animal rights. I ran across this a couple days ago:

http://www.aapn.org/stbernard.html

It's not for the squeamish - especially towards the very end. There's a paragraph that simply makes me wish I could obliterate some humans - they would've earned it. It is about dogs as food.

There are some parallel dimensions to our own that are very hard to believe.
[notify]
Gromit

I'm just a happy- pup!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 12:23am PST 
How horrible. Unfortunately, I can see it. I'm Chinese and many of my relatives still live there, and I went back a few years ago. Their view on animals are vastly different than ours. Their way of life is so vastly different than ours that I could see this happening (not that it's RIGHT, but to those who do not know the idea that animals are our friends and companions - they don't see anything wrong with it).
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 7:02am PST 
I suppose there would have to be one person that woudl think it a fake just because PETA reported it. PETA are not the only animal welfare group reporting or filming this kind of attrocity. It is the most appalling thing I have ever seen (I made myself watch it some time ago). Anyone can see it's not a fake. It is the most sickening thing I have ever seen - those poor animals clubbed and skinned alive. And just because you buy a fur in America doesn't mean the coat, jacket, hat, gloves come from animals that lived in America. Also even if they did they are most usually from fur farms which probably doesn't treat the animals much better than in China! What a pitiful existence these poor creatures have.

By the way, if you are under any apprehension that PETA lie just look at this page and watch the video. It is the most dreadful thing ever.

CHINESE FUR FARM
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '05 8:16pm PST 
Mommy watched this video some time ago, the video was pretty raw and it just sickened me I could not believe my eyes! I was crying and sobbing and felt literally sick to my stomach and my soul was scarred by it! That one video has forever changed me!
[notify]
♥- Fiona

born to be- pampered

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '05 2:46am PST 
It is real. I've heard that this fur trade is trying to spread its way into Europe as well (we live in Germany). I saw online the other day (can't remember where or I would post the site) some of the products being made of the furs. There was a coat made of Golden Retriever fur and a hat made of cat fur. Someone took "101 Dalmations" a little too seriously. It all disgusts me!
[notify]
Amber - A Beloved- Angel

Live every day- like it's your- last

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '05 1:01pm PST 
Sadly this has been true in Asia Pacific for many years. Many of the tiny fur covererd animals sold were tested and prooved to be cat and dog. The US has put a stop to allowing them to be imported.

It's the way their culture is, and it will be many years before that will change. Some things have with education - but sadly it won't happen overnight. In Korea it is common for a family to raise a dog as a pet, and then have a family barbeque when the dog is grown. He's dinner. Mom saw that on cable one time, and she got sick.

We are very lucky we have families who love us. Many animals don't.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3