GO!

Dog Legislation Comes to Virginia

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 7:59am PST 
Maybe there are intelligent legislators out there. This morning, my radio alarm clock went off just as a report about the proposed dog legislation was ending, so I grabbed my bathrobe and ran outside to get the paper, fearing the worst. To my utter surprise, amazement and relief, the proposed law punishes the OWNERS not the DOGS. I LOVE my commonwealth (and it's hard to expect a lot from a state that JUST legalized premarital, umm, relations).

See the report here: VA Dog Bill
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 8:10am PST 
Wooooohoooooo! I can have premarital relations in Virginia (JOKING!!!). Seriously, the doggie law is so cool! I am so so so happy about that! It's about time someone punishes the owners and not the dogs!

*Hubby is reading this over my shoulder and he says that seeing as I am already married I can't really have premarital anything anymore...
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 9:00am PST 
This is truely amazing...BOL

this is what people have been waiting for, for a long time!
[notify]

Portia

Queen of France!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 9:01am PST 
I am proud of my birthplace! It is good to have laws applied to where responsibility lies.

I didn't know they had finally legalised pre-marital "relations". The things you learn on dogster!
[notify]
Tulip

Hello all my- lovely dogsters!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 9:45am PST 
Woo hoo VA !! That is wonderful. Thanks for the good news Raskol!
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 10:36am PST 
Hi Raskol,

I couldn't get the link to work... Any chance you could copy and paste the article into the thread?
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 10:40am PST 
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/122005/12072005/151085

BT W, when the paper says, "dangerous dogs" it means individual dogs, not breeds.

See examples of the commonwealth's registries here: http://www.spotsylvania.va.us/departments/animal/index.cfm?id=704
h ttp://www.fairfax.va.us/police/animalservices/dangerous-dogs-2005.pd f

(Note the LACK of "pit bulls" on the lists!!!!!)
[notify]
Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 10:58am PST 
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is Great news! thanks Raskol
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 11:45am PST 
Thanks for the new link Raskol. Wow this is great news for all dogs everywhere! If this passes maybe it will be easier to get other cities to revise their BSL and impose a law like this instead!
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 5:00pm PST 
YAY for Virginia!
[notify]