GO!

anti-BSL Calendar featuring breed ambassadors

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Lucy - Rest in- Peace, LuLu

Ban the deed,- not the breed!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 12:20pm PST 
Mom recently completed the 2006 (anti-BSL) "Good Dogs" Calendar, featuring breed ambassadors for the American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire, Rottweiler, Doberman, and wolf hybrids. Mom had put out a call for photo submissions and received hundreds! It was a tough job to pick just 12 for the calendar, but with my help she picked some terrific photos. The calendar is now available at our CafePress store at http://www.cafepress.com/massmadness.

And, just an FYI, Cafepress is running a sale tomorrow and Thursday, Dec. 6th & 7th (see the banner at the top of the webpage), so be sure to check it out.

The aim of the calendar is to positively showcase breeds which are unfairly the targets of public discrimination and breed specific legislation. We are trying, in our small way, to help save these breeds from over-breeding, neglect, abuse, and legalized genocide.

Thanks for checking out our post!

Lucy Lou
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 12:48pm PST 
Oops! Correction: The cafepress sale is Wed, Thur, Dec. 7 & 8.

Also, forgot to mention, cafepress has an affiliate program that yields 20% off the price of any cafepress product. So if anyone or any organization wants to link from their website to the anti-bsl calendar to raise funds for their cause, they can do so by becoming a cafepress affiliate (it's free to join and you don't need to open a cafepress store to earn commission off cafepress orders that originate from the link(s) on your website.

Lucy
[notify]
Gwenevere - *In Loving- Memory*

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 3:01pm PST 
Hey Lucy! Thanks for the link! I checked out the calender, it's awesome! October is my favorite. Last Christmas my boyfriend couldn't find me a Pit Bull calender-looks like I found it for him this year! smile The no shipping rocks too! Oh what online product shipping costs are doing to my wallet these days! Thanks again!
[notify]

Gwenevere - *In Loving- Memory*

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 3:14pm PST 
Oh, and how cute is the rottie in the calender??!! He reminds me of a rottie I worked with at Penn State (rescued doggie) a year ago-"Brutus".
"Et tu Brutus? Et tu?"

Yea I'm weird! Who's askin?? LOL
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 3:33pm PST 
Hi Gwenevere,

Thanks for the nice words about the calendar. Yeah, that cafepress free shipping offer expires today, and be sure to put in the coupon code "freeship" at the time of ordering.

The rottie I think you're taking about is Blitz--she's pictured in the February/Valentine photo with the little girl, as well as in the October photo (Blitz is the Rottie running out of the "O" and riding the skateboard.) Neat story about Blitz. The little girl with her arm around Blitz was bestest buddies with Blitz' predessor who died about a year ago, and which the little girl took very hard. She's now made a new best bud with Blitz, the guardian's new Rottie and the little girl's broken heart is healing thanks to Blitz. I didn't know any of this before selecting the photo of the two for February, or before choosing the quote to go with the photo:

"Many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." --Eleanor Roosevelt

When Blitz' guardian saw the February photo of the girl with Blitz, and the quote, the heart, and the pawprints, she said she cried because the quote was so befitting. She bought an extra calendar for the little girl, her neighbor, who was thrilled to be featured with Blitz, her new best friend.

There were a lot of great stories that accompanied the photos we received. I still cry whenever I read about Mishka, the little homeless pittie with the birthday hat (April's featured breed ambassador).

Anyhoo, thanks for taking the time to check it out and for your kind words.

Lucy
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 5:12pm PST 
That's wonderful that you're doing that! I'm going to pass the link on to some of my friends in case they want to buy one. I'd get one, but I already have my '06 calender.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 6:00pm PST 
Thanks, Kallie! We appreciate your generous gesture to spread the word.

By the way, you are just GORGEOUS.

Lucy
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 10:22am PST 
Just bought 2 Lucy

Keep fighting the good fight.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 11:52am PST 
Thank you, Raskol, you (wink) rascal!! I hope you enjoy the calendar, especially the *message* it hopes to convey.

Season's Greetings to you and yours this holiday season!!

Lucy and clan
[notify]