GO!

Find the Pitbull

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gwenevere - *In Loving- Memory*

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '05 9:31pm PST 
This is just another reason as to why "Pit Bull attack" statistics are WAY off. Try finding the Pit Bull-it's not so easy!

Take the test!.

The bottom link on this page will take you to a site full of BSL info, as well as adoption and breed info -check it out! smile
[notify]
Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 11:26am PST 
i got it on the second try. the paterdale looks very similar and this shows how hard it can be, even for someone who adores the breed! i think we should all print it out and test everyone we can to see how many get it right. though someof the photos aren't very good
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 11:27am PST 
First try for me! Wooohooooo! But it took hubby five or six tries, even with me giving hints.

I love that link!
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 12:31pm PST 
I got it first try but it was more luck than judgment.
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 1:58pm PST 
Yeah, when I first took this test a few years ago, when I was first introduced to a kennel full of Pits and mixes, it took me over six tries to get it right. This just shows how someone who doesn't know the breed(or even someone who does) can mistake a number of breeds for a Pit in identifying a dog who has bitten them. Sad isn't it?
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 2:03pm PST 
Just imagine how many mistakes have been made in identifying a dog in an "attack"! See what this does to statistics?? Just a year ago, I approached a guy on campus with what I thought was a pit bull puppy. Guess what it was? An AMERICAN BULLDOG puppy! Imagine how stupid I felt running up to this guy to see the "cute Pit Bull puppy"! Yeah, and I had worked with the breed for some time then!
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 9:51am PST 
I got it on the first try too.

They're all beautiful doggies.
[notify]
Baldo

Handsome

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '05 7:14pm PST 
Mom got it on the first time...i would hope
[notify]
Cinco

Kiss-A-Holic!

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '05 1:41pm PST 
15 trys! I'm better at identifying them in person wink
[notify]
Reese

If it moves, I- can lick it

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '05 11:43am PST 
Mommy got it in Six.... then made everyone at work do it.... just to prove they don't know. She should have got it sooner.... didn't follow her instincts.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2