GO!

DVD - Off the Chain- A shocking expose on America's forsaken breed- regarding pit bulls

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Wishbone

Wishbone aka- wiggle butt

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '05 3:15pm PST 
I thought this might interest the pit bull lovers out there. I just read in my HSUS newsletter that this DVD "explores the evolution of the breed and gives viewers a disturbing look into the minds of dog owners and trainers who are involved in the world of dog fighting". It also covers the loving nature of pit bulls and their abuse at the hands of their owners. Supposedly the guy who produced this DVD went undercover in the dog fighting world and filmed what was happening.

The article in the newsletter starts out saying that President Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned pit bulls; that Buster Brown shoes and RCA used pits as their trademark; that Petey of Our Gang was a pit; and Sgt. Stubby was the most decorated pit in American history.

I haven't seen this DVD so I'm not recommending it just letting you know about it - but I do plan on purchasing it. If interested you can order it at www.offthechainproductions.com/store and if you use the redemption code HSUSOTC the Humane Society gets 1/3 of the proceeds donated to them.

In the same newsletter, HSUS tells about arresting Floyd Boudreaux and his son in Louisiana- one of the most infamous dogfighters and breeders in the U.S.
[notify]
Cheesecake-S- AFE!

kind and gentle- boy

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '05 6:13pm PST 
Thanks Wishbone. I'll check it out.
[notify]
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '05 6:35pm PST 
Thanks Wishbone for putting this out there. I used to be amazed at how people misjudge pit bulls. Then I remembered that most people are stupid idiots who will basically believe anything told to them without even really thinking about it. Hopefully the idiots who think BSL is such a great idea will see this and change their attitudes.
[notify]

Gwenevere - *In Loving- Memory*

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '05 11:57am PST 
I've heard about this DVD! I'd like to see it too, although I know it will just make me very upset and angry. I think it's good to educate yourself, regardless of the discomfort it may cause you. Ignorance is not bliss. Thanks Wishbone! smile
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '05 12:02pm PST 
Hey, it's only $15! That's not bad at all! And if some of the money goes to the Humane Society, that would be a great donation. Also, I think it's good to support those that are willing to take risks to educate others.
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '05 2:22pm PST 
Floyd Boudreaux has been out of the dog fighting world for almost 3 decades now. All he was doing was breeding dogs. The Dept. of Homeland Security had their eyes on him because he was exporting dogs to people that bought them from him overseas... His dogs were very valueable and now all but about 20 are dead because they killed all of them b4 Floyd even got to go to trial...

THANKS LA ASPCA!! You killed a bunch of innocent dogs...
[notify]
Wishbone

Wishbone aka- wiggle butt

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '05 3:47pm PST 
Gwen - I hate the thought of fighting any kind of dog and I'm sure the DVD will make me angry. But I agree with you and also think people should educate themselves before just deciding to ban certain breeds. I've always believed that it is the owners and not the dogs that cause the problems.

I also think that many people have forgotten about all the good pits in the world.
[notify]

BOOTS Chasers- Inc.

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '05 6:56pm PST 
Ziero, I'm confused. Can you explain? I don't know much about this video, I just heard about it... Who is this person you are speaking of? Excuse my ignorance...please educate me.
[notify]
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 4:09am PST 
Floyd Boudreaux started a whole line of dogs out of his yard. Yes, when they were originally created, they were used for fighting, and Floyd, being an old school dogman, was also involved in dog fighting, as were a lot of the people that started these dog lines.
He lives in LA, and had a yard, not much unlike many people that breed dogs... someone said he was still fighting and selling his dogs for fighting purposes, so with the help of the LASPA, the Dept. of Homeland Security conviscated somewhere near 60 dog off his yard. All but the 15 puppies and there were a few other dogs there, were killed for being Pit Bulls on this man's yard before Floyd even got to go to court... they destroyed the evidence. Lots of people that saw the dogs as they were being taken off his yard said they were in good shape, with very few scars on them (my dogs have scars too from rough housing).
The scene that was painted by the media was one of terrible conditions and fighting equipment all over the place... IF you look in my garage.. I have a tread mill.. this is supposedly fighting equipment.. I also have B complex vitamins that I give my dogs.. this is fighting equipment... I don't fight my dogs, I do weight pulling... the tread mill is for conditioning, and the B vitamins are for energy...
This is how rediculous things are...

Here is a link to one of the stories... remember though, this has been sensationalized by the writer:

http://www.unchainyourdog.org/news/050607LABust.htm
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 7:15am PST 
I guess this paragraph in that news article says it all for me:

"The dogs, along with items ranging from anabolic steroids to exercise treadmills to computer records and videos, were evidence enough to book Floyd Boudreaux, 70, and Guy Boudreaux, 40, on charges of animal cruelty, illegal possession of steroids, possession of a sawed-off shotgun and 64 counts of dogfighting."

Whilst the thought of those poor dogs being put to sleep if they were bred for fighting there is no way they can be re-homed. You would just not be able to trust any dog bred for fighting - be it a pit bull or any other dog. He sounds like a disgusting man to me.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3