GO!

oppose CLONING?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Kikko

Mommy says I'm- part monkey!

Barked: Sun Oct 16, '05 6:35pm PST 
I think clonings a good idea for species that are endangered and almost extinct, but cloning domestic animals...... we have enough dogs and cats in shelters, and more are given birth each day. And plus cloning your old pet just makes the orginal one's life meaningless to you. Thats my 2 cents! smile
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Tue Oct 18, '05 10:26am PST 
Genetic Savings and Clone charges at least $20,000 to clone a deceased pet. There was a woman in TX who spent just that much to clone her beloved kitty. 20,000 DOLLARS!!!

PLEASE, there has GOT to be something better to do with $20,000. It just irks me that people who think they can have it all throw money away like that when so many children and animals around the world are starving. The woman would have been much better off donating her "disposal income" in her dead cat's name.

Besides, I have nightmares along the lines of a Gothika-type society. And it gets into really sticky morally murky territory. Remember when Frakenstein's monster asks whether he has a soul?

I say leave the natural cycle of life up to nature.
[notify]
Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 12:18pm PST 
TOO many dogs and cats homeless and in shelters needing help and homes, why do we need to clone? its over populating and unessassary science to me!
[notify]

Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 12:22pm PST 
i agree rascal! those $20,000 could have been used to save at least some animals in need an so an so, that was a waste of money..its insaNE
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2