GO!

Committee for the Abolition of BSL

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
zeus

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 9:22am PST 
Rosie do you guys have a petition for this? If so where can I sign it
[notify]
Tulip

Hello all my- lovely dogsters!

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 11:40am PST 
I'm in! I live in California and thanks to Arnold (I would like to say hasta la vista to him!) we now have BSL. Say it ain't so. I will email HQ and count me in.
[notify]
P-nut

End Breed- Discrimination!

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 3:03pm PST 
PLEASE count us in!

I serve on the legislative committee for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America and am a full-time volunteer fighting BSL and other ignorant dog laws...along with promoting responsible dog ownership...educating people on how to properly train and socialize dogs...teaching children about dogs...etc...we don't need more laws - enforce the ones we have in place! Educate not legislate!!

You can see our websites where we sell various items (including awareness bracelets) to raise funding for legal fees by clicking on

www.cafepress.com/thankdog

100% profit donated to SBTCA into a special fund for fighting BSL.

Also visit our blog:

http://black-eyed-pea.blogspot.com/
[notify]

Freebee- (Free)

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 6:16pm PST 
I requested HQ as well. I think, while we wait, we should all make a point of gathering together all the info we can on the "Wrongness" of BSL. How it doesnt work, how it wont stop dog bitings, and also personal experiences with the "bad boy" dogs that seem to be targeted, like Pitts, Dobes, Rotties, etc. Find as much info as we can on these same types of dogs doing therapy, SAR, and service dog work. point out the differences between a well disciplines and well trained dog vs. the ill treated and ill trained dog.

the more factual information we can hit them with (without exploding in anger, that wont help) the better chance we have of making a difference.

p.s. Free wants to be VP in running..she says she can watch your back...

lol
[notify]
♥- Dutchess

love me, pet me,- don't ban me!

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 6:38pm PST 
i as well contacted HQ!
no more BSL!!!!!
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '05 7:09pm PST 
Oh, oh, I'm an example!

Us Pitties are good doggies!

Stupid Arnold.

So, I'm a little confused... What is the goal of the committee? I mean, I know it is to end BSL but what are the specific short term goals? Like are you going to accumulate info or do things in certain states under the threat of BSL or in states that already have BSL? It might be difficult to do all three of those things super well and so may be a better use of time to concentrate on one area and get that accomplished really really well. Thoughts?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2