GO!

Committee for the Abolition of BSL

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '05 8:42am PST 
As some of you know my sister is running for President of the United States. One of her major programs is abolishing BSL. This is a very hot topic on Dogster with lots of threads on the subject. We would like to see all opponents of BSL on Dogster get together to help educate and pass on information, petitions, etc. The Committee for the Abolition of BSL (CAB) will be where to go on Dogster for all things BSL so there is one place everyone can go here to get info, and get involved. We are thinking that perhaps this issue should have its own forum topic.

For those of you who don't know the city of Albany NY is now discussing inacting BSL. This tide is spreading like a virus and it needs to be stopped. I know we're preaching to the choir here, but that's where this all starts.

An excellent resource on all things BSL is:

http://www.pbrc.net/breedspecific.html

Please consider joining CAB and helping organize Dogster members to stop BSL.

VOTE ISABEL/ISOBEL because humans are obviously too stupid to be in charge!
[notify]
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '05 11:20am PST 
I am very excited to announce that Lucy has agreed to head up our Anti-BSL Task Force. She will be helping to organize Dogsters affected by BSL to get them to post info about who to harass and bark at in order to get this legislation reversed. We will also be posting addresses of anti-BSL websites etc.

If you'd like to get involved please do so. BSL is popping up all over and needs to be stopped.

VOTE ISABEL/ISOBEL for neutering and spaying advocates and promulgators of BSL
[notify]
Snuggles

For Rio--Cysts- Be Gone!

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '05 4:32pm PST 
May I join CAB---I am growling against BSL--GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

And....I will definitely vote for an Isabel/Isobel presidency!!!
[notify]

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '05 6:46pm PST 
Of course you can join. This is a Dogster wide effort. Lucy is our Task Force Captain. She will be contacting the various boards and organizations that she works with and will be letting us know how best to coordinate our efforts. One of our first goals is to get HQ to set up a forum specifically for BSL issues so that members can go to one place to get info and tasks, etc. So please let HQ know that you support them setting up a BSL forum.

Thanks for helping and remember to vote Isabel/Isobel on November 1st!
[notify]
♥- Dutchess

love me, pet me,- don't ban me!

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '05 8:59pm PST 
I want to help, when i saw this topic on the forums "new" section of laws and legislation i instantly clicked on it!

i really wanna help! give me all the details!
[notify]

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '05 9:56pm PST 
The idea behind CAB is to create a central place on Dogster for the organizing our efforts to fight BSL. We've seen lots of different threads where dogs are trying to get things going. To paraphrase our BSL Czar Lucy, there are lots of quixotic efforts going on, but in order for them to be effective they need to be more organized.

It is our hope to get Dogster HQ to create a BSL forum where links to outside organizations can be established, bulletins posted, and campaigns organized so that Dogster members can get and share info, and take part in efforts to stop BSL.

Our first priority is to urge HQ to establish the BSL forum. Please contact them and ask them to set this up. Go to the bottom of any Dogster page and click on "contact us."

As Rosie stated earlier, Lucy and her mom are very involved in the anti-BSL efforts going on. She's going to talk to them about Dogster in the hopes that they will use us as a hub for contact and distributing BSL info. The idea is that if we all work together we can bark that much louder.
[notify]
Snuggles

For Rio--Cysts- Be Gone!

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '05 7:34am PST 
OK, I have succeeded in my first mission with CAB--I have contacted HQ about the BSL forum idea!!! Let's see if they like it!
[notify]

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '05 9:22am PST 
Thank you Snuggles. Once we figure out whether we're getting our forum or not we'll confer with Lucy about how to procede. In the meantime, if you have pup pals that would be interested in being a part of this effort, let them know about this and have them contact HQ to ask for a special BSL forum.
[notify]
Snuggles

For Rio--Cysts- Be Gone!

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '05 10:07am PST 
I definitely will, Isabel!!!
[notify]

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Oct 15, '05 7:27pm PST 
We got a p-mail from Dogster saying that our idea for a BSL thread was being passed up to the top dogs. The more of us that request this the more likely it is they'll set it up for us.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2