GO!

Not eating

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Tue Nov 12, '13 9:50am PST 
Ringo is an extremly picky eater and if he doesn't eat with Huck, then Huck will finish his and then try to eat Ringo's. What I have been doing for the longest time is beef gravey and meatballs. Every week I buy a bag of frozen meatballs and give them each 2 or 3 a night cut up and mixed in with their kibble. Then I mix in about 2 or 3 tablespoons of beef gravey and it really gets them going.
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Tue Nov 12, '13 11:29am PST 
Are you hand feeding? I find when Harley gets picky, hand feeding works well. It's also good one on one, bonding time.

I'm sorry for your loss and that your baby is having such a hard time with it.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Nov 12, '13 5:17pm PST 
Bumping to drown spambots
[notify]

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 5:50am PST 
I agree that Shadow is responding to the loss of Sabi and now is being picked on which increases the stress. It did take Willie a while to get over his sister Kira who died of leukemia, but since he is a little piggy dog, food was never a problem. When I first got Seela, she was very lean and didn't have too much desire to eat. I buy a stewing hen or what chicken is cheap and put in a big stock pot of water, add carrots and whatever veges I have kicking around (no onions). After chicken falls off the bone I put in plastic containers (meat, broth and veges) and freeze for later. The dogs just love that mixed in with the dry food. I also do not give in to spoil my dogs, but when there is a big weight loss with no underlying medical conditions, you do what you can to get them to eat. Dogs sure pick up on your emotions so I am sure when you start to feel better emotionally, so will Shadow.
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 9:38am PST 
Shadow is improving, somewhat. She has been eating a bit better and hopefully that will continue.

Harley she will not take food from my hand, nor will she eat if anyone is watching. If I offer food she points to her dishlaugh out loud I don't know why she does that since her first few weeks she was hand fed. She still mouths and sucks on my fingers if she is stressed.

Seela, I really thought she and Bud would comfort each other. Boy was I wrong. They used to get along, I hope at some point they will again. But Sabi and Bud were really close, and he's aged horribly in the last month. I think he's grieving in his own way and Shadow is intruding on that.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 1:55pm PST 
bumping to drown spambots
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 1:59pm PST 
bumping to drown spambots
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)