GO!

Natural Heart Worm Prroducts?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Oscar

Canis Angelicus

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 9:18am PST 
Oh and Fritz, I should also add, my husband is indirectly involved in some scientific research on the effects of supplements with the addition of vibrational remedies (in this case essences which are similar in nature to homeopathics) and the results so far are showing the the formulations with the essences are far more effective, through blood measurements, that supplements alone.

Proof for Homeopathy: Beyond Material Thinking

There are many skeptics out there who question the validity of homeopathy based on their narrow minded material-based views. For those who require a more scientific explanation of the possibility of homeopathy the following discusses how quantum physics in terms of electromagnetic fields (or energy waves) as well as the concept of the memory of water can offer proof for homeopathy.

http://www.hauserhomeopathy.com/pub/proof-for-homeopa thy--beyond-material-thinking.html

I don't expect to change your beliefs Fritz, but there maybe others reading this that are more open to information beyond what we a fed by the mainstream, it is for those that I post this.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 9:42am PST 
Oscar, you still havent replied to my questionsmile
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 10:16am PST 
Also, I can find arguments for and against Homeopathy. I am actually very open minded, and do my own research. Honestly, if either of my dogs got cancer, I probably would go the alternative route. Probably not homeopathy, but supplements and high protein diet based on scientific studies. I am a huge believer in nutrition for both dogs and people. As a matter of fact, I have gotten both my blood sugar and blood pressure down to normal by changing my diet. I won't argue against homeopathy, but the link you provided is from a homeopathy practitioner. Yes, I agree that just because we don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't work. I can find scientific studies on the net that say homeopathy does work and I can find more that say it doesn't.
[notify]

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:17pm PST 
Quackwatch was the easiest to read text explaining what homeopathy is.(Are they incorrect, does it not entail diluting matter, like cures like, to make homeopathic medications?)

I really couldn't find any credible sources that promoted homeopathy, if you have any I would be interested in seeing them. (by credible, I mean done in the scientific method, not hearsay or promotions from people pushing the practice or selling books etc.)

However, gambling with letting your dogs get heart worms while you experiment with an unproved remedy doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

US dept of health and human services Does have an interesting article.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:36pm PST 
"There is no deying that pharmaceutical medications, even properly prescribed and taken, can maim and kill in far, far greater numbers than any homeopathic remedy, flower essence, herb or supplement."

I bet that pharmaceutical medicines, while they do have known side-effects, when taken appropriately, also heal and save far, far greater numbers than any homeopathic remedy....
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:47pm PST 
Yeah, Sarah, that was the point of my question, which was never answeredsmile
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3