GO!

Natural Heart Worm Prroducts?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Bella

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 4:27pm PST 
My 4 year old, 15lb Italian Greyhound has been on a monthly dose of 'Iverheart Plus' for years now...I just want to get away from these toxic chemicals such as Acaricide poison!

There must be some 'natural' Heart worm preventative applications out there that work...there are natural Flea/Tick treatments thinking

Anyone??? shrug

Thanks for your feedback

Edited by author Wed Sep 25, '13 5:18pm PST

[notify]
Dante

You know i'm- cute, pet me!

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 11:12am PST 
I'm in a very heavy bug area so I looked into as well, because my pups are all natural. After seeing his info on Dogs Naturally magazine, I bought heartworm nosodes from this doctor. http://vitalanimal.com/

You can get nosodes many places i'm sure, but I had also bought and read his e-book, and felt safer buying such a thing from a licensed vetrinarian. The purchase was amazingly simple and well priced, I have my dogs on it now way to go
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 5:30pm PST 
Dante, thanks for the reply.
Question, were you still required to get a current 'heart worm test' before you could purchase that product?

Edited by author Thu Sep 26, '13 5:34pm PST

[notify]

Abbie

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 11:11am PST 
I'll definitely be looking into this as my dog had a sever reaction to her heart worm preventative last month after going 4 years of never having issues.

I will admit though that I'm very hesitant to try anything on her at this point. Did your vet recommend this or how did you stumble upon this natural remedy.
[notify]
Dandelion

helloooo....! - i\'m TALKING to- you!!!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 11:24am PST 
i tried all those natural remedies for fleas, including brewer's yeast, garlic, and DE. useless, all of them.

the comfortis heartworm pill was horrible - made him puke buckets and be off his feed for 2 to 3 days.

revolution is working well - no fleas, no reaction from him.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 8:04pm PST 
dandelion, with all due respects...the crazy thing about applying or inducing 'chemicals/toxins' on or in our dogs is > > > just because we may not see or notice any obvious early "reactions" or side effects doesn't mean they are not doing slow long-term harm to our pets.
I don't use any "flea treatments" never have never will!

And, what I've been reading about the popular Heart Worm products like the one I "was using"...it very well 'may' cause harmful or deadly problems in time.
I simply will not take the chance or put any toxins or pesticides on or into my dog anymore.

Edited by author Sat Sep 28, '13 8:09pm PST

[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 7:54am PST 
Natural doesn't mean nontoxic. Rabies, heart-worms, and Strychnine are all natural but not too friendly.

I would be very careful playing around with "natural" heart-worm preventative. Some may be very toxic and I don't know if any have been proven to be effective. I am sure the treatment for heart worms or having heart worms is much worse then the preventatives.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 10:37am PST 
Fritz, very true about "natural toxins"...I suppose it's all about doing one's research, what I feel is the 'worst of two evils' and attempting to be and educated consumer and pet owner.
Still researching the heck out of "natural" options...as I'm not taking the chance with the other.
I'm also prepared to give my dog a 6-month or annual Heart Worm test myself.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 1:12pm PST 
If your dog gets Heart Worms, he is going to be exposed to a whole lot more really dangerous chemicals OR he is going to die.
I chose my poisons carefully and Heart Worm preventative is one I will not fool around with. A small dose of ivermectin once a month is way, way safer than all they give to treat heartworm, just saying.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 2:02pm PST 
(snip)I'm in a very heavy bug area so I looked into as well, because my pups are all natural. After seeing his info on Dogs Naturally magazine, I bought heartworm nosodes from this doctor. http://vitalanimal.com/ (snip)

Oh My Dog, this is a site trying to sell books and products. No studies, no proof just trust this person, he has lots of testimonials but no proof. The man may be a DVM or just saying he is, but graduating from vet school is no guarantee one isn't a con man, crooked or just completely uninformed.

Please be very careful with these homeopathic remedies. a lot of doctors don't seem to agree with them.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/homeopathic-vaccines/
http: //www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/homeo.html
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3