GO!

Weak Back Legs with Diabetes, Suggestions

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 7:48pm PST 
Does anyone have problem with weak back legs if their dog has diabetes. I know it is a side effect, but I was wondering do you have any suggestions to strengthen the legs or anything that may help? Murphy isn't in pain but his back legs are getting weaker and I would like to do something to try to strengthen if possible. Thanks!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Sep 15, '13 6:54am PST 
Sorry to hear that. Maybe someone else will pop in with suggestions. Good Luck!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sun Sep 15, '13 6:45pm PST 
So, just a couple of things...have they determined it's due to the diabetes? How are Murphy's numbers? If his numbers are improving, he should see some improvement in his hind legs.

I didn't realize that could happen with the hind legs but it happened with a neighbors dog. Once he was taking the insulin, things improved.

Have you checked out K9diabetes.com? They have forums there you might find helpful. It seemed to have some folks you might find can help you there. too.
[notify]

Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Tue Sep 17, '13 4:50pm PST 
Try swimming! It's a good non-intense exercise that could strengthen his legs. smile
[notify]