GO!

Allergies? White mucous discharge from eyes?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Rascal

Silly

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 6:18pm PST 
Well this has happened before a few years ago that I can remember. My rascal got really bad eye discharge that seemed to never go away and then one day it just did. Well starting a month ago he started rubbing his eyes. Oh great did you cut yourself etc. (im a vet tech with another dog that has his own eye dr!).
So monitored him, still doing it. Take him to work (vet) and we did all the eye tests, everything normal. Ok so treat him with neo-poly dex one week. Now we have mucous! So since then about 2 weeks I guess we have alot of eye mucous daily. Worse in the morning and when I return home from work. Sticks to his eyes and lids, fun cleaning time! So take him back into work today because both eyes became very red, he also played in a groundhog hole so that probably didn't help. Everything once again normal. So we are trying benadryl now. Anyone else experiencing some major eye mucous?
[notify]
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 10:12am PST 
We aren't experiencing eye mucus per say, but we are dealing with an eye issue. One eye is just pink/red all/most of the time, for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Since Peter is 12 I rushed him to the vet 2 or 3 weeks ago thinking it could be glaucoma but the pressure test showed normal pressure in both eyes. Stain test showed nothing either. shrug We got the neomycin/polymixin drops also and they helped but I still notice the eye pink (around the sclera). It's been better these past few days though. I'm just praying it's allergies. Hope your clears up toohug
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 1:56pm PST 
Max has had nearly the same history and it did turn out to be an allergy or food sensitivity. He always had a bit of discharge, it went away and came back with a vengeance. He turned out to be sensitive to grains! Had always been on a grainy kibble save for 6 months on EVO that didn't work out. I thought he just needed another bath. On raw the eye goobers mostly went away until a large piece of toast went missing and guess who showed up with giant eye goobers? I have offered him any grain or veggie and back they come if he eats them. The discharge didn't go completely away as he was still getting some grainy treats, just a lot less per day than a huge piece of toast and apparently less than was in the kibbles he used to get.

He also developed small eyelid tumors on both eyes that grew large enough to cause trouble. Since they were removed 6 weeks ago his eyes have been very clean.
[notify]

Rascal

Silly

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 3:33pm PST 
I fed taste of the wild which I have for years now. I did put them on duck for a few months and then switched them back to salmon which he was eating before duck. I considered the fact that I went back to salmon but it doesn't make complete sense. We are currrently trying benadryl twice a day to see if it makes an improvement. His eyes are no longer red just need to be cleaned or flushed a few times a day to keep the boogers away! I am hoping is outdoor allergies, the weather is cooling and going down to 50 or so at night, so its either going to miraculously go away or we will be fishing for answers.
[notify]