GO!

anybody else having a horrendous time with skin issues?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4  
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 12:32pm PST 
I don't think Roman has skin issues except for the fact that his skin is EXTREMELY sensitive. This is the first time I've had to put some kind of sunblock on a dog to prevent a sunburn (Just on his nose). And I had to wrap his harness in fur. And there's a red spot on the inside of his front right leg that's bothering me.... it appeared a couple days ago. It's not growing and SLOWLY going away. I also found out that I do have to watch what he eats and have to change his food again to grain-free to see if he stops itching. It's not much itching but more than it should be. shrug
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 8:31am PST 
Mauel- Bam-Bam and Reyna ARE on high quality food. They're on raw.

Kiera- Sometimes excess oil can actually push the skin cells up, causing them to flake more. This is often seen in labs who have a naturally oily coat any how.

I just feel bad for my poor girl. She doesn't seem bothered by it, but it looks awful and just the way it's been traveling on her body, it makes me sad frown

I also alternate between coconut oil and fish oil.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 4:51am PST 
For Kiera- My dog food is high quality and contains fish oil as well. I still give my pups 80 and 100+ pounds 1200mg. daily and 500i.u. vitamin E.
Instead of bathing every week I brush them daily and use a skin conditioning grooming spray weekly.

For the person who mentioned the burns- Dog was accidentally burned with scalding water- GET YOUR DOG TO THE VET!! To do otherwise is cruel and negligent. I'm sure had you or your wife or a child in your home been burned, you would have gone to the E.R. as soon as it happened. Serious burns need proper medical treatment and pain medications. Please get your dog that treatment.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 2:45pm PST 
Mika... the burn is another fake dog, as is Hunter and others also posting here.
[notify]
Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 8:29pm PST 
It looks like the fake dogs are the ones you can't click on to get to their pages? Does that mean HQ has them neutralized?
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 8:40pm PST 
Fenrir has been itching a lot the past week or so. Initially thought he might have fleas, but neither Onyx nor the cats seem to be scratching. It seems to be a seasonal summer thing with Fenrir every year, like maybe there's a plant he's reacting to. I suppose the hot, dry weather could also be a factor. Haven't noticed any visible skin issues though, just the itching.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 5:06am PST 
Thanks Toto, wish these people would find something useful to do with their time rather than wasting ours and hurting people who want legitimate advice and help because their furry family member has a problem.hughughug
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 6:12am PST 
Those are the ones, Hershey. If you click notify under their thread message HQ will delete it when they can get to them.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4