GO!

Worried about my husky lexi

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 5:51pm PST 
My husky is eating but not enough she recently had lungworm but got over it and was eating and started to put on wieght she weighs only 14.5kg and is 9 months old she is still full of energy and is on a special diet but don't really eat it. It is a prescribed diet I am so worried as she was putting wieght on and now losing it again, I can see her ribs and her hips I have tried everything with countless vet trips but no gain of wieght please someone help me is this normal
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 6:40pm PST 
I'm not familiar with lungworm, but it seems weight loss can be a symptom. Was your dog treated, then retested and confirmed to be free of the parasite, or just treated and assumed to be all set? I would definitely want a retest if you haven't done one already. Even if you have, they can come up false negative and a second retest may be worthwhile.

What is the prescription diet for?
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 4:08pm PST 
she was cleared of it and she was eating fine again which was so good but now she seems to be losing the weight again she said the diet is to see if she possibly has bowl problems and cant get the nutrients as she was being sick since on the diet she has not been sick but she is not putting weight on and is also blowing her coat at the moment so looks even skinnier.
[notify]