GO!

do you buy meds other than at the vets?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 10:42am PST 
I use drsfostersmith.com
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 12:11pm PST 
Never, I always ask my vet to price match and so far, he always has.
[notify]
Cookie

100% Doofhound

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:05pm PST 
I buy my flea meds at the local feed store. The vets nearest me are not known for being inexpensive.
[notify]

Terra

Bonzaiiiiiiii!!!- !!!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 10:44pm PST 
When possible, I get all my meds at CostCo. All antibiotics, thyroid meds, most pain meds, can be purchased at your local pharmacy for significantly cheaper than your vet or online through pet meds RX. Also, if you use a human pharmacy, you can usually get additional discounts by having a membership (CostCo), or by using a discount card like at at Walgreens.

I love supporting my vet, but after having worked for one I know how much markup there is and I simply can't afford it.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 5:11am PST 
I only get mine from my vet. His prices are very reasonable and I have the extra assurance that if anything goes wrong the company will honor the guarantee and my vet knows exactly what he prescribed and will fix the issue, usually free. When it turned out after her spay that my Mika was allergic to the suture material, we got her entire second surgery and everything we needed to help her be comfortable and feel better free. I will be sticking with my vet for meds unless he tells us to use something OTC.
[notify]
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 7:54am PST 
I buy my major meds (flea preventatives, worming, etc) at my local CO-OP. I buy Firefly's Benadryl tablets, cream, and vitamins at Walmart. laugh out loud
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 10:44am PST 
I buy mine at the vets too (heartworn and flea or anything else needed). The only one I get at PetCo is Peter's Cosequin. cheer
[notify]
Tucker

Earned my wings- Jan. 22nd

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 10:46am PST 
For medications we use every month, we have to order on-line or we'd have gone broke a long time ago! For thyroid medication, we order from Drs. Foster and Smith, for sub q fluids (free from the plastic softener DEHP) and Terumo needles (ultra sharp, thin wall) we order from Thriving Pets. For Frontline, we go to Costco. For any human meds that the dogs are on, we use our local human pharmacy.
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 10:32am PST 
I buy flea and heartworm meds through 1800petmeds. Prescription meds I usually pick up at Osco (pharmacy we use for our human scripts) or if I am at the vet's office I get them there. Our vet is 30 min away and the Osco is 5 min away.

I have never had a problem with 1800petmeds, but I would not trust some fly by night site.
[notify]